We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Old Town to New Town along the beach

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 7
Walking from Old Town to New Town along the beach

Years ago I stayed at the Auramar (sp?) and we often walked to the Old Town along the beach that we got to through a security code controlled gate.

This time around we're staying at the Luna Forte da Oura and I wonder how we could get onto the beach to walk to the Old Town without trespassing through a hotel! I don't think we went onto the beach by any other route on our previous trip.

Maybe I'm getting confused, but is the beach I'm talking about seperate from the Oura Beach that is close to our hotel?

Thanks!

Wyre
reviews: 43
1. Re: Walking from Old Town to New Town along the beach

Opposite forte da oura hotel is a road down to the beach (right of Clube Praia Oura) You can walk along to the old town but will most likely (due to tide) have to scramble over a few cliffs. Please be careful

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
2. Re: Walking from Old Town to New Town along the beach

I had a look at the path at the end of Praia da Oura on Wednesday. The very heavy rain last week has made it a bit dangerous. It certainly should not be attempted if it is raining or about to, which is why I didn't.

There is only one section where the tide now comes into play at this time of year, which is the very start of the path at Praia Da Oura. The beach is almost covered at a normal high tide. On Wednesday it was a bit rough but there was a way past. The rest of the path is along the cliffs and now that the beach at the Albufeira end is 50 to 100 metres wider than it used to be, there is no longer any problem for the last half mile or so.

UK
reviews: 7
3. Re: Walking from Old Town to New Town along the beach

Aww, I loved walking along the beach on my last trip. I remember having to run into the water to pass some rocks close to the Old Town, but from the Auramar side I remember it being ok.

Thanks for the replies, guess will just make my way to the beach and judge it from there!

4. Re: Walking from Old Town to New Town along the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira