We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 7
Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

Looking to buy my travel money this weekend so wondering how much I will need if I pay for these trip excursions in cash? This will be my biggest expense I imagine.

I have heard that you can get cheaper seats the day before travel, but I don't want to bank on that.

Suppose I should also ask for recommendations on where to book day trips? Does anyone know of an firms that I can look into from home before I go?

10 replies to this topic
Vilamoura, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
1. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

I'm sorry if this is going to disappoint you but I've never heard of day trips from Lisbon to Seville. The distance is just too big. It's nearly 500 kilometer/310 mile.

What you may have heard is that there are day trips from the Algarve to Seville. And yes, they are often sold with discount the day before travel.

2. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:11 pm, May 19, 2014

UK
3. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

Apologies, I've confused things. I intend to take 2 seperate day trips - one to lisbon and one to Seville. Am I correct in thinking there are companies who offer this from Albufeira?

Vilamoura, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
4. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

Ok, I get it now :) With departures from Albufeira both are available. Have a look at

www.algarve-tours-excursions.com/index.php…

http://followmetours.ondebiz.com/

http://www.city-discovery.com/region/Algarve

http://www.paradise-tour.com/excursoes.htm

Edited: 12:14 pm, April 10, 2014
spring tx
reviews: 44
5. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

I just returned to America yesterday. I used Paradise Tours bought at The Ticket Shop which has locations by bus drop off near old town and close 1 block from the big Continente grocery at Modelo bus stop. Their prices are much cheaper than ALL the other agencies. If you book 3 tours there is a 15 Euro discount. I booked Gibraltar. Sevilla and cultural Algarve your for 58 euros total. When I went back to Lisbon I booked their tour for 25 euros and after the tour I took myself and my luggage to a hotel for the flight the next day to USA. The guides are knowledgable and the short guy is very personal and funny. They were always on time to pick me up at the location I was told to wait. For me about a 5 minute walk from the villa. Others were picked up directly at their hotel. All tours are cash only. So be prepared. At Gibraltar there is a. 22 euro tour of the city. Well worth the information and ride to see the apes. In Sevilla there is a boat tour optional. Not so good you only see world fair buildings but nice boat ride. Have fun. Our weather was cold so tours were nice. When the sun returned we enjoyed pool

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
6. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

All these tours involve early starts and 3 hours in a coach. But for 15 or 20 euros it's the cheapest way for a quick visit.

UK
7. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

Thanks all, had a look at these websites last night and it all sounds good. I was anticipating the early start, but I don't mind. I would quite like to take in a day trip or 2 as I don't deal well with a full week by the beach! It's the compromise I make with the other half when we go on a sunshine break!

15 or 20 Euros is much cheaper than the websites mentioned - so I guess it's best to wait and book when we get to Albufeira? Any idea where is the best place to do this? Strip or Old Town?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
8. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

There are ticket shops all over the place. If there are spare seats the next day, there are often good prices but whether it's worth wearing out shoe leather to save a Euro or two I leave you to decide.

I am not aware that any one shop is better than any of the others.

UK
9. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

Great, thanks cubsur! Will no doubt stumble across them without much hassle then

10. Re: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:50 am, April 22, 2014

Reply to: Day trips to Lisbon and Seville - cost?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira