We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forte do vale

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Forte do vale

Hi I'm heading to albufeira in September with my husband and son who will be 18 months, we're thinking of booking the forte do vale apartments, are these apartments suitable for a toddler who no doubt will be climbing up on anything he can find! Also I love sitting on the balcony in the the afternoon/evening so am I right in thinking that I should ask for a room facing the old town, would we need a higher floor to get the sun? Also are the balconies toddler proof? I'm looking at the photos and can see that there are green criss cross bars, would a toddler be able to use these as leverage to climb on? Can you see a theme here with the climbing baby!!

Liverpool UK
reviews: 17
1. Re: Forte do vale

Lilyl, first of all yes you will need to request an old town/ pool view for the afternoon sun and sunsets. The higher up the better the view obviously. If I recall the criss cross bars have glass in them? Someone may confirm that, I am sure you would not leave your toddler on the balcony on his own anyway. There are some with horizontal bars across I think these may be open but the gap is not large. They are great apartments and in a good location, there is also a kids pool area away from the main pool. Hope this helps you.

merseyside
reviews: 17
2. Re: Forte do vale

would never risk a high floor with toddler, only takes seconds for an accident to happen no matter how vigilant you may be

Wyre
reviews: 38
3. Re: Forte do vale

I think you will find the cross bars are covered by Strong glass so climbing using the bars is not an option. Kids and balconies don`t really mix, you could considder yourself the best parent/carer in the world but 5 seconds distraction is possibly all it took in the very few instances where kids fall of balconies. Forte Do Vale is a good hotel

Edinburgh
reviews: 43
4. Re: Forte do vale

Much as though I love and always praise Forte do Vale I dont really think it is all that suitable for young kiddies and I am sure there are plenty hotels that would be better suited. There is a small pool at FDV but the surrounding area is all concrete and there is nowhere inside or outside that kids can really play. There is a small park over the road but its not that great.

Have a look at the nearby Paraiso hotel. Theres a huge grassy play area there where kids can run around and theres an indoor pool and a kids club.

dublin
5. Re: Forte do vale

Thanks for the replies, I was looking at the paraiso aswell, I just thought that the forte do vale looked like a nicer apartment. The brisa sol is booked out for our dates. Any other suggestions? The whole balcony thing on holidays is worrying me, but a ground floor if the pool is near by also has its own risks. Ahh the days of relaxing holidays are over...

cheshire
reviews: 12
6. Re: Forte do vale

we stayed in FDV over Christmas and although it was very good value for money i wouldnt really recommend it for a family with a toddler.

There is no outdoor space and the location is hilly to walk either direction to old and new town and to the beaches,

Balconys are very small not great for you to relax on .

We are staying at the Real Grande Santa Eulalia at Easter , we loved it here when our son was younger ... now 10 years old .... great rooms lots of outdoor space and right on the beach.

We have also stayed at the Alfagar which is really nice also.

Edinburgh
reviews: 43
7. Re: Forte do vale

lily

yes the apartments at Forte do Vale are really nice but the place isnt very child friendly.

Regarding the Paraiso I remember they had lovely ground floor rooms looking out onto the pool but with a

fair sized grassy play area in between. There was a kids play area outdoors and playroom indoors. There was quite a few families staying in these rooms when we last stayed. Dont know if you can specifically ask for one of these rooms.

Good Luck with your search, I hope you will get more responses and good suggestions from others on the forum. As a grandmother, no matter which country I am visiting, I am always on the lookout for child friendly places. Unfortunately my husband and I have always thought during visits to FDV that there was

little there for young kiddies.

8. Re: Forte do vale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 22, 2014