We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special meal

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
reviews: 1
special meal

we have booked a 5 day break late April staying at the Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Hotel and would like to go for a special meal on our wedding anniversary the day after we arrive. Any recommendations and would we need to book for a Tuesday evening this early in the season?

merseyside
reviews: 17
1. Re: special meal

Dom Carlos would be my no 1 choice have look at reviews, and I would book ahead as well

Albufeira, Portugal
reviews: 24
2. Re: special meal

If money is no object get yourself to Vila Joya. Extraordinary.

merseyside
reviews: 17
3. Re: special meal

extraordinary prices as well no change from 400 euros for evening meal with wines etc ,a bottle of water is 20 euro!,

Wyre
reviews: 38
4. Re: special meal

Yes you don`t mind paying high prices for great food but paying 20 euro for a bottle of water is like muppets paying thousands for a personalised car number plate

Spalding
reviews: 1
5. Re: special meal

We would reccommend Os Arcos, great service, excellent food and wine, and exceptional value for money. But like all these things it is very subjective, we only tried here on our last but one trip and now it is our favourite by a long way.

reviews: 5
6. Re: special meal

I would also recommend Dom Carlos . Great food and excellent service, the table only has 1 booking per night so you are not rushed out no matter what time you arrive. The last time we visited we decided to drink half way through our meal and when we ordered our 3rd glass of wine we were told it would be cheaper buying the bottle. You would need to book ahead .

Albufeira
reviews: 57
7. Re: special meal

We stopped using Dom Carlos when they started charging €13 for a bottle of house wine that was 99c at the supermarket. Better off getting a taxi (it will cost about €11) to Jompra which is close to Salgados. It's the place we always go for a special occasion, they really look after you and the food is fantastic.

South West scotland
reviews: 7
8. Re: special meal

I can second the Jompra, great food and service. If you don't want to travel far I would advise a walk around the area of your apartments and see if anywhere takes your fancy as there are plenty of places to choose from. Invictus has been mentioned a few times on here or in the Old Town Casa Da Fonte/Cabana Fresca/Louisiana?

It's your anniversary so your meal will be special anywhere, it's what you make of it. Personally I would settle for fresh fish at one of the beach restaurants.

Lummie

Edited: 4:22 am, March 06, 2013
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
reviews: 3
9. Re: special meal

Invictus is a nice enough restaurant but its more like a sports bar so the meals are nothing special and the fish is not what you would call fresh more like Birds Eye but if you want to relax hear a bit of music and watch sports its ideal.

Up the road from Invictus and the roundabout is a restaurant called Festa da Praia run by a Portugese family serve lovely food and run by lovely people.

South West scotland
reviews: 7
10. Re: special meal

Cheers for that, yea never been to Invictus just seen it mentioned a few times. Festa's is nice as well or a little further along is Tres Palmieras or the Palacete. The people at Festa's are really nice.

Lummie

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira