We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favourite bar,

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
reviews: 13
Your favourite bar,

Hi

Looking your ideas were to find the best bars in the area, we probably all like places for certain reasons, in general a bit of banter or effort from owner/etc and cold beer is always a good thing.

92 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: Your favourite bar,

My favorite bar recently closed down as a result of declining custom in these hard times. Another one near the top of the list, well I was the only customer last Wednesday evening.

There won't be any bars left soon unless people actually come out of an evening instead of sitting in their rooms drinking cheap wine from LIDL.

Belfast, United...
2. Re: Your favourite bar,

Why put the time and money into a holiday to sit in a room with a carry out , I wouldn't even do it at home

Newcastle, England
reviews: 16
3. Re: Your favourite bar,

cubsur, like other resorts, it will be after Easter before things start to pick up.

Not many resorts now can be classed as true all year destinations.

What's the 'almost empty' bar called? One customer is not going to pay the overheads, unless you are one serious drinker. ;-)

Both Thomson and easyjet seem to have vastly reduced flights and holidays to the Algarve. More than likely other carriers have reduced also. Desperate times.

Lidl wine. lol At least they must be doing well with their cheap plonk.

More and more do seem to have a few drinks in their rooms and on their balconies etc and even self-cater more. Not exclusive to the Algarve of course, I've noticed this in Spain. Only the sports bars seem to have any decent trade when the matches are on.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
4. Re: Your favourite bar,

Who knows, but that's what they seem to be doing.

Try the Cavern Bar, Rua do MFA, Albufeira (old town) end. Recently refurbished and with a new roof, it's one of the few remaining British run bars in that part of town.

Newcastle, England
5. Re: Your favourite bar,

I like the Rockline bar, loads of matches on and multiple tv's.

One reason why I'm staying in the CPO. plenty to do around there.

Belfast, United...
6. Re: Your favourite bar,

Good reviews for both, except last 2, but then again your doing well to please all

Hertford, United...
reviews: 9
7. Re: Your favourite bar,

What was your fav bar cubsar ? The one which closed down

Newcastle, England
8. Re: Your favourite bar,

I think it was called Floyds? There was a post a few weeks ago and I believe it was a Brit bar.

Has the owner returned back to the UK or simply retired?

Hertford, United...
reviews: 9
9. Re: Your favourite bar,

Who used to go in Suspenders bar , run by a Geordie called John which I aslo think has closed now ! ?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
reviews: 18
10. Re: Your favourite bar,

No the owner of Floyds is still in Albufeira. Lots of us owners and forummies from albufeira.com used to meet up there for the weekly quizzes. In fact we celebrated Cubsurs 60th Birthday weekend bash there last September together with dinner at The Cottage.

My fav Bar is Rockline, we call it our local, great staff, good prices for drinks & snacks, good coverage of sports & good atmosphere. Many Portuguese frequence the bar besides the Brits.

Reply to: Your favourite bar,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted