We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sol e mar hotel area

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hawick, United...
sol e mar hotel area

Thinking of booking this hotel for the last week in January on a bed and breakfast basis are there a few eating places close at hand and if so any recommendations?

Brian.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: sol e mar hotel area

Sol E Mar is two minutes walk from the old town centre with plenty of places to choose from and there are also some places in the same street. You won't have a problem. If you go down the steps by the tunnel outside Sol e Mar and walk about 100 yards along the road there is a very good local restaurant called O Veleiro.

Also right there is Casa Da Fonte restaurant, but I don't know whether that one will be open.

There is also a good British run bar very close by (called Tunes) which does excellent snacks and beer of course. Open every day from 1030 except Wednesdays when it's 1500hrs. Tunes is to the left of Sol e Mar's street entrance about 100 yards away.

Hawick, United...
2. Re: sol e mar hotel area

Thanks for your help been to Albufeira quite a few times but have always stayed near the strip so was unsure of this area. Sounds fine cheers.

Hertford, United...
reviews: 9
3. Re: sol e mar hotel area

Hi, 50 yards from the hotel is a restaurant called o tunnel it does English food and it is absolutely superb, not everyone including me wants English food on holiday but it's well worth a visit, another hundred yards down is Bailote and is lovely , you couldn't be staying anywhere better in my opinion, old town before the strip every time for me

Hawick, United...
4. Re: sol e mar hotel area

Hi. Thanks for your recommendations will add them to what we have and give them a try.

Dundalk, Ireland
reviews: 14
5. Re: sol e mar hotel area

I do wish people who bother to write reviews would realise that others are relying on them for their honesty and accuracy .This hotel is resting on its laurels because of its location .We stayed in December weather was great so that helped and the hotel and surronding areas were quiet which is what we like .The hotel is not a four star hotel by British or Irish standards more like a two .The food is poor but so many reviewers seem to accept this and are prepared to eat out despite payng half board. The prices in high season are unreal ,This is not a review but a request to reviewers to wake up and tell the truth about their trips

regards

merseyside
reviews: 17
6. Re: sol e mar hotel area

how do you know they are not telling truth ,why would they lie unless they had a financial intrest in the business, its very easy to see fraud reviews in my experience they are normally one post wonders, if someone enjoys a Hotels offering there is nothing wrong in reviewing how they saw it, it might not be how you perceived the offering, but if we we arev all the same what would life be? I normally look at good bad ,weed out the obvious nutters then take a balanced view

Reading, Berkshire
reviews: 117
7. Re: sol e mar hotel area

My wife and I stayed @ the Sol e Mar in March 2011 & whilst the weather was okay the hotel served it's purpose...large clean room & bathroom, adequate breakfast & a brilliant location, granted it needs updating but that's why I read the TripAdvisor reviews prior to booking.

There's plenty of good quality restaurants on your doorstep, one top tip avoid the tourist traps and enjoy your holiday.

Newcastle, England
reviews: 16
8. Re: sol e mar hotel area

I would agree that the Sol e Mar doesn't seem like a true 4* hotel, but 2*?

A guy wrote a great review a while back on here giving good points and bad.

Hotels in peak periods can be expensive, that's life. They have to make a profit to continue trading and maximise at peak to average out what they'll lose during the quiet times. There will be lots of quiet times at the moment!

Sol e Mar out of season can be had for around £22 per night for 2 persons on a b&b basis. £11 per night each, where is the profit there? They will be hoping guests drink in the hotel to gain extra cash.

Tripadvisor sadly gets unbiased reviews with owners and and their friends promoting their business and undermining others. Easy to spot and yes, it does go on.

I would try the Sol e Mar at around £25 p/n, even if just to give an honest opinion. But and a big but, loads of similar priced hotels to choose from. Albufeira has far too many rooms for the amount of tourists. Great for the tourists, especially out of season, but the better hotels won't have to reduce as much. Places like the Brisa Sol can and does demand better prices as well as others.

Newcastle, England
reviews: 16
9. Re: sol e mar hotel area

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189112-i331-k59…

Post No. 7

It's a Xmas time review, but worth a read. I think it gives a great insight.

Milford Haven...
reviews: 18
10. Re: sol e mar hotel area

esereht59. i take great offence that you are suggesting theat previous guests of the sol e mar are faking their reviews for what reason i do not know!!!!!!!

what i am confused about and would like to ask is if the sol e mar is so dire how come you did not put AN HONEST REVIEW on to warn people off, now this is where i get confused even more is that you have left a review on 31st january for the ROCCOMAR, i now ask my self "did you actually stay at the sol e mar?" i think not

my review was an honest review with good and bad points. i would personally never ever book half board anywhere as i prefer to help out local businesses by dining out .

if you did have 2 hols in the resort, in 2 months and sol e mar was so dire it beggers me to believe why you did not write your honest review at the time. very very strange.

it was my first time in albafura so i could never ever possibly comment on another accommodation without seing it. the room was spotless and cleaned very well. the breakfast was okay, only went twice. bar was fine and receptionists ok. what more did i want for 15 quid each a night, and obviously i did not dine on an evening, but spoke to guests who did and they enjoyed it. you do not mention the rooms at all, so i am now thinking that you actually did not stay at the sol e mar, but paid to dine in there??????? why when so many lovely places within minutes.

confused.com

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira