We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Falmouth, United...
reviews: 123
Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

I've booked to go to this hotel next week and have just been reading some awful recent reviews. I am really worried I'll have an awful time. As I'm a solo traveller, it makes it much worse (no one to laugh with)!!!!

I'm on a budget as it's so near Christmas, so changing hotel isn't an option.

Any thoughts???

bury
reviews: 27
21. Re: Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

Hi I will be interested to read recent reviews as we are booked to go in January 2013. I did read reviews on holiday watchdog and the reviews on there were ok? On here they do seem mixed. We are only going for 4 nights all inclusive and for what we paid I don't expect the Ritz! As long as it is clean it will do for me. Drinks will be ok - all inclusive - food - we can always eat out! Determined to enjoy it-and whatever the weather is like it will be better than Manchester!!!

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 3
22. Re: Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

We stayed at the Monica Isabel at the start of October for a week and were really worried by the reviews, but I can honestly say that it was great! Location was perfect, and staff were really friendly.

The rooms and exterior of the hotel were a bit tired but clean, and overall we had no issues. We were self catering and ate out every night so I can't comment on the food, but from what I've heard all inclusive is not great anywhere in Albufeira. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here, stayed in block c with a great view of the beach and could hear the ocean at night which was lovely. I'm not sure what people were expecting considering how cheap this hotel is, but I would be happy to return or recommend it to recommend it to friends. Hope you all have a grat holiday!

gortin
reviews: 3
23. Re: Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

thanks im glad to hear some good reviews , im not expecting 5* or anything just clean bedrooms and bathroom the food i will try being irish will make the most of it lol

UK
reviews: 27
24. Re: Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

I am looking forward to your review after your visit

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 25
25. Re: Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

It's good to see some positive reviews coming through about the hotel. We can't wait to go out on the 1st January - just a wee bit sorry that we'll miss the New Year's Eve celebrations at the Fisherman's beach. We'll be having a quiet Hogmanay here as we have a morning flight from Glasgow to Faro, but definitely a belated Hogmanay bash is planned for the night of the 1st. I've just checked the weather and am getting a tad excited. So fingers crossed that Monica Isabel will be a great base for a fab week in the sun. And hope to catch up with some fellow travellers over New Year.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
reviews: 13
26. Re: Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

I stayed in this hotel last year in February. It was a cheap last minute holiday that cost about £150 including transfers.

I thought it was great value for money. I would stay there again and certainly recommend it to friends. The apartment had a sea view and was cleaned everyday. The staff were friendly and the location pretty good although you had about a 15 minute walk to the Strip. The Old Town was a little further but a bus goes from the main road by the hotel. A few minutes walk takes you on to beach which was quiet in Feb.

Walking up the hill from the hotel there is a bar on the right. Friendly staff and worth a beer.

Food ! My deal only included breakie. It was a help yourself buffet with eggs / beans etc etc. You know the sort of stuff. OK I have had better but it served it's purpose - I used to eat my fill every morning and it set me up for the day.

I travel again to Portugal next week and would have been more than happy to be booked into this hotel again. The only reason I am staying somewhere else was because I got a budget deal for £91 in another hotel.

To sum up the place is very good value for money. I always try and give an honest review - the Monica Isabel is fine and gets 9 out of 10 from me.

Best,

Paul

27. Re: Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

Thanks for that Paul great informationl i'm sure everyone will appreciate your honest review. Hope you have a brill holiday once again

Cheers

Stan

28. Re: Is the Monica Isabel really that bad????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira