We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andy's Latino apartments - old town

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 3
Andy's Latino apartments - old town

anybody used these ? are they safe and secure for a family with young children ? also is there a pool to use nearby ?

many thanks,

jay

west yorks
reviews: 10
1. Re: Andy's Latino apartments - old town

We stayed here last year and have booked again for May 2011. My daughter is now 12 so not what you'd call young. The inside of the apartment is clean and safe, and I would not have a problem taking a young child there. However, it is accessed by a flight of steps as it is on the first floor - so this may be an issue if you have a buggy/pram. There is another flight of steps up to the roof terrace.

Location wise it is great for children - 2 minutes (or less) out of the front door and your at the beach lift for a day on the sand - 5-10 mins walk to the Cerro Grande pool. 5 minutes walk into the old town - which is great as its close enough to be near the action - but removed in the evenings for peace and qiet so the children sleep.

Email Andy any of your queries - he is really helpful and will answer honestly.

newcastle upon tyne
2. Re: Andy's Latino apartments - old town

Is it quite a walk to the pool and is it nice ? one of the children much prefers the pool so i was trying to get a pool if possible, although i do like the look of this location.

Are you able to just walk into any hotels pool during the day or would you be chased away ?

cheers

Worcester
reviews: 18
3. Re: Andy's Latino apartments - old town

From Latino the walk to the pool is 10 mins max uphill and 2 mins to the lift for the beach.

Other apartments which Andy looks after which I have also stayed in myself and are also a lot nicer and nearer to the pool are P2767 & P3007 on ownersdirect.

They are located next door to the Estalagem do Cerro hotel so not sure if you can walk in and use their pool.

Daz

newcastle upon tyne
4. Re: Andy's Latino apartments - old town

Thanks dingles - itzs between there and varandos do mar apartments - children want a pool ideally which varandos offers, only problem is though as thay they overlook the square and so may be noisy late on an evening with the clubs etc

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/portugal/p7195.htm

Worcester
reviews: 18
5. Re: Andy's Latino apartments - old town

Jay

if it's a pool and near the old town you need then have a look at these 2.

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/portugal/p6224.htm

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/portugal/p7733.htm

there are others in this complex on Ownersdirect but I have personally booked and had contact with the owners.

Daz

newcastle upon tyne
6. Re: Andy's Latino apartments - old town

re: latino apartments - is this area safe re: breakins and such ?

15 yr ago we stayed at neptuno apts

west yorks
reviews: 10
7. Re: Andy's Latino apartments - old town

We've always felt safe in this area with regard to break ins etc. I like the fact that the apartment is not on the ground floor - which makes it harder for burglars as they would have to get through the main entrance first and then into the apartment.

The area itself just off the promenade leading up to Cerro Grande is one of the nicest residential areas in Albufeira, however I would recommend taking all the normal precautions you would at home, i.e. not leaving valuables about, ensuring all doors and windows are securely fastened.

8. Re: Andy's Latino apartments - old town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 14, 2011