We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Albufera

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
reviews: 1
Day trips from Albufera

Hi,

Myself and my husband are heading to Albufera 14/8/7. We are looking for Day trip ideas, albeit we are not hiring a car. We would love to visit fatima but are unsure if this is possible by public transport and journey time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

uk
reviews: 1
1. Re: Day trips from Albufera

if you are not faint hearted then deffinitely go on the jeep safari..it was a fantastic day out but my mother was pretty scared.

Stockport, UK
reviews: 33
2. Re: Day trips from Albufera

Try heading inland up the mountains to Monchique, it's beautiful.

United Kingdom
reviews: 3
3. Re: Day trips from Albufera

Hi, lou-lou,

Regarding your wish to visit Fatima, this link may help :

http://www.sul-travel.com/en/ Sul Travel are an Albufeira-based travel agency who also provide an airport transfer service.

Hope this helps you a little.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
4. Re: Day trips from Albufera

I'll just throw in that Fatima is to the north of Lisbon (more than 200 miles from Albufeira) and a day trip by public transportation, although not impossible, is not easy!

The journey requires a change in Lsbon and takes 5 hours. You would have to leave at the crack of dawn to get there by noon. Then to get back by leaving at 5pm you wouldn't be in Albufeira until 1030 or 11 o'clock. Cost would be €38 for the rouund-trip.

Places of interest you can get to on the bus from Albufeira include Silves, Lagos, Portimao and Tavira.

I have a website www.algarvebus.info where you can find bus and train details for the Algarve.

You will be pleased to know that buses and trains down here are much less expensive than in most of the UK.

Hope that helps.

5. Re: Day trips from Albufera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira