We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockport, UK
reviews: 33
Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

Having stayed at the Rocamar a few years ago ( which was a bit of a disaster ) and loved the location, was thinking of going to the Sol e Mar next year, but having read some of the more recent forum comments I'm having second thoughts. As a "mature" couple, ie 50+, we are not into lively night-life and although not overly demanding, we do expect cleanliness, good food and friendly service. Any comments from people in the know would be greatly appreciated.

bedfordshire
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

The rocamar has been refurbished recently and seems a really nice hotel, the sol-e-mar would not be my first choice out of the two.

united kingdom
reviews: 3
2. Re: Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

We were in Albufeira last July and had a look at the Rocamar, this time when we go the Rocamar will be our first choice and if we cant get in there then the Sol e Mar will be our 2nd choice, we are 50+ and love going to Albuferira

Anne

algarve
3. Re: Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

hi mum and dad just returned from the sol e mar and loved it. food great , location perfect and every room with a sea view. enjoyed it so much already booked for next year! hope this helps.

Edinburgh
4. Re: Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

Dear Maysograndad, You will not find a better hotel in Albufeira than the Sol e Mar in my opinion. You say you are over 50 and so it will suit you really well. Most of the clientele are in the 50+ age bracket. It depends when you want to go. Nightlife is very low key off season (May/June and September). Like yourselves, cleanliness is also top on my list of priorities for a hotel, and you will not find a cleaner establishment. Food (at least breakfast) is a bit iffy, but loads of great bars and restaurants in the immediate area that suit all tastes and prices. Staff are generally friendly (very efficient), but one or two a bit surly. My opinion was that they are not overly obtrusive and just let you get on with your holiday. Bliss! If you have a problem with the accommodation (we did - it was minor - non-working fridge in the room), it is difficult to get attention, but I suppose it was because we didn't complain loudly enough! All in all, I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel, but as I say, it is all down to cleanliness, size of rooms, privacy, and location, and so if these things are your top priority, then go and enjoy!

cork ireland
reviews: 24
5. Re: Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

Just back from a week in Sol e Mar, agree with all Albufeira Fan has to say, at the end of the day not having to walk up the hill is a very great bonus as is being on the doorstep of old town main centre.

Stockport, UK
reviews: 33
6. Re: Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

Many thanks to everybody for the comments - I've now taken the plunge and booked the Sol-e-Mar for a fortnight next September (ahead of myself or what??). Just hope all the building work will be finished by then! Seems to be going on all over Europe at the moment, we are going to Madeira this year and that seems to be being completely rebuilt. Guess it's all down to EU regulations. Thanks again.

7. Re: Sol e Mar or Rocamar ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 03, 2009