We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Flights to Faro

Which Algarve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 1
BA Flights to Faro

Hi - I have had some flights booked with BA from Gatwick to Faro in July for some time now and they keep emailing me to change the times. It's not a problem in itself but I was wondering if this was usual and when they finalise their timetable. Has anyone had any experience of this please. On the first change I amended my airport parking which cost me a few pounds only for BA to change it back a couple of weeks later! I also need to book transfers but again I don't want to keep changing them all the time.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
1. Re: BA Flights to Faro

I have also had two of my last three BA LGW - FAO times changed since I made the booking, one by more than three hours. I don't drive so an inbound flight landing now at Gatwick at 2210 had better be on time for the train to Eastbourne!

They didn't do this much in the past but now they seem to be swapping slots around to cut costs. In my experience they haven't made changes later than within two or three months of the date, but then there's always the chance of being late.

Imagine the public outcry if train companies did this! Sheep, that's what we are.

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
reviews: 36
2. Re: BA Flights to Faro

BA AAAways is not the only culprit!

Easyjet did this to the other half in January on a flight to Milan!

Rescheduled a flight at two weeks notice, booked 6 months previously, so that it took off from Lisbon at 10:00 a.m. instead of 16:00.

So, instead of her taking a gentle daytime saunter up to Lisbon on the Alfa, I had to take her to Vale Paraiso at 02:00 in the morning to get the RENEX bus up to Oriente.

Shaun the Sheep and the lads would offer better customer care to airline passengers than most airlines! ;) Just to ram it home, the latter think they can pull the wool over one's eyes, as people ever seem to flock to them!.

Edited: 12:11 pm, March 04, 2013
UK
reviews: 1
3. Re: BA Flights to Faro

Thanks for the replies. My original booking made in October was for London City to Faro but then a few days later they changed it to flying out from Gatwick and then returning a day later than the original return to City. That didn't suit me so I changed it to return to Gatwick too on the original day booked. That was annoying because we now have had to factor in parking and fuel costs to Gatwick whereas we can get to City for a couple of quid on the bus.

I think the times have changed now 5 times - three times this month. The return flight was getting later and later and is now back to 12.45pm which suits me because I don't like hanging around once we are ready to leave. I don't like to prolong the misery :(

4. Re: BA Flights to Faro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 07, 2014