We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unbeleivable (bad) experience with Crowne Plaza

Which Algarve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Unbeleivable (bad) experience with Crowne Plaza

We booked a superior suite at CP Vilamoura and when I emailed them to confirm details, they informed me that all their superior suites are located on 11th floor which is a smoking floor.

I went back to them to tell them that I selected a non-smoking room through the expedia booking site and nowhere did it say on their or even on their accommodation page of their own website that these rooms were only smoking rooms.

Furthermore I suffer from mild bronchial asthma which is aggravated by cigarette smoke and to kindly relocate us to a similar type of accommodation on a non smoking floor.

They came back to say that unfortunately all the same room types are on a smoking floor and the only option offered was to pay 30 eur extra to upgrade to a Junior suite!

I can't honestly believe this would be the situation in this day and age!! No non-smoking room unless I upgrade!

Any advice please on how to deal with this??

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
1. Re: Unbeleivable (bad) experience with Crowne Plaza

I understand you are disappointed. If you are not happy with what they offer, what about choosing another hotel. Have a look at the Lake Resort or the Dom Pedro hotels in Vilamoura.

Montreal, Qc
reviews: 5
2. Re: Unbeleivable (bad) experience with Crowne Plaza

Hi Leesha,

Was there ever an update with this situation?

I have also booked a superior suite at the Crowne Plaza and was surprised to hear the floor is smoking as I had also requested a non smoking room!

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Christina

3. Re: Unbeleivable (bad) experience with Crowne Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 11, 2013