We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

Which Algarve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 19
Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

Has anyone used Travelopo for renting a villa in the Algarve? If so, what was your experience with that company?

26 replies to this topic
melbourne
reviews: 27
1. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

No but I have used owners direct, holiday lettings or homes way websites which have all been very good so far and would certainly recommend them.

2. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:47 pm, July 01, 2012

3. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:34 am, December 06, 2012

4. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

Removed on: 8:35 am, December 06, 2012
Edited: 8:35 am, December 06, 2012

Glasgow, United...
5. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

I've not used them for the Algarve but have done twice - first time for a cottage in Collioure in France and the second in Lanzarote. Big thing for me was that they are with the Association of British Tourist Agencies which means I'm covered should anything happen. That's put me at ease considering the stories you hear about fake private owners on Owners Direct.

Manchester/Lagos
reviews: 6
6. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

Never heard of them. I would also use owners direct, holiday lettings or homeaway.

Madrid, Spain
7. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

My family rented a villa from them last summer. It was awful. The house was listed as being "high end"...very comfortable. However, when we got there, a bed broke, several AC units weren't working, the living room furniture was dilapidated. The water in the swimming pool was cloudy...you couldn't see the bottom of the pool!

I would most certainly not do any business with them.

Reading, United...
8. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

I have used travelopo for booking a 2 week rental villa in Porto Cervo in Italy. I was actually really pleased with the way they advised me on which villa to choose. The person helping me was very friendly and he even managed to speak to the owner and persuade them to give us a small but useful discount. Full marks from me.

USA
reviews: 19
9. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

We did use Travelopo for renting a villa last summer in Portugal. They have an extensive selection of villas so we found one we loved and looked perfect for us - size, location, views, AC, etc.

The original person who handled our reservation told us we would get extra towels and pool towels and also said the kitchen was "state of the art" and had up to date pots, pans, etc. Well, he left the company and therefore left us in the lurch with promises. The towels situation was resolved to some degree but, upon arrival at the villa, the pots and pans were not ones anyone would want to cook in. That was resolved as well but it took two days for new pans to be purchased. All in all, we were happy with our villa choice last summer but disappointed in Travelopo's promises (almost) not kept.

However, speaking of promises not kept, be aware that they DO NOT follow through on the "unbeatable price match guarantee" they claim to fulfill. This year, we contacted them for a villa rental in the summer. We found a villa that fit our needs and, as we researched, we found it on another website for a much better price. When I pointed it out and requested the price match, they refused to do it and instead offered a small discount which we declined.

We ended up changing our minds about the villa location and ended up booking a villa through a family owned and operated business.

Bath
10. Re: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?

Dear Marianna2,

My sincerest apologies that the house you booked through Travelopo was not satisfactory, and I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. Thank you so much for letting us know about this issue - we always strive to improve the service we offer, and this type of feedback allows us to make sure that the agents and property managers we work with are delivering to a standard that meets our own here at Travelopo.

We will pass on your feedback to the agent managing this property. I have emailed you personally to request more information on your booking. Once again, thank you for alerting us to this issue.

Our service of offering our properties at the best price guaranteed is one of our core values and I would also appreciate your further feedback on this, so to address the issue accordingly.

Best wishes,

Craig at Travelopo.

Reply to: Villa Rentals - Travelopo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted