We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adding the Algarve now

Which Algarve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England, UK
reviews: 17
Adding the Algarve now

The original plan was to go to Lisbon area for 10 days/9 nights. Now I have thought as a special treat for my stepdaughters we would cut our visit to 5 or 6 days and spend the rest of the time in the Algarve. The main goal is to take them to the waterparks near Lagos.

Can anyone tell me where we can find nice accomodations (either an hotel or 2 bedroom apartment) for less than ��150 per night (about 200 euros)? I am not sure what areas are best for us, but not too far from the waterparks would be great. So far I have looked at the Tivoli Arade, but I am not sure it is the best match for us. Any help would be great. Thanks!

United Kingdom
reviews: 3
1. Re: Adding the Algarve now

Firstly, the "waterparks"-Zoomarine/slide'nsplash- are not that close to Lagos although the parks do have their own buses which pick up and drop off in all the major resorts (including Lagos) if you don't have a car.

As far as hotel acommodation is concerned, The Marina Sao Roque,Lagos is a 3* hotel with 4* facilities and very reasonable rates and, having stayed there recently, I can confidently recommend it. It is spotlessly clean with exceptionally friendly staff.

Hope this is of some help.

London
reviews: 27
2. Re: Adding the Algarve now

Don't be doubtful about the Tivoli Arade! If you have just 2 young step-daughters, a living room / one bedroom suite would suffice. The only rooms which are distant from the large pool are some of the Junior Suites ( the ones which have no separate living room) - so you'll be OK. The beaches are magnificent. Praia da Rocha strip is adjacent (up easy steps) for extended night life. Slide N Splash 15 mins drive. Go on a Dolphin Safari "The coolest thing we've ever done" - my kids. look for a late deal - don't be put off if you find a low price!