We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evora and Sintra in One Day?

Which Evora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Evora and Sintra in One Day?

Hello - we are staying in Lisbon and were considering a day trip to Evora and Sintra. Is that realistic to do in one day? Have not decided yet if we will hire a car or use train/bus options. Any feedback on which option is better would be appreciated.

If visiting both towns in one day is too much, which town is better to stay the night in, Evora or Sintra?

Thanks!

ÉVORA
reviews: 2
1. Re: Evora and Sintra in One Day?

I suggest you Évora, only because Évora is my home town. However, I think you should not visit both cities in a single day: you don't visit Sintra (and Sintre deserves) or Évora (and Évora deserves)

sintra
reviews: 34
2. Re: Evora and Sintra in One Day?

that's quite true, it would be impossible to appreciate either in a single day. Sintra is my 'home town' but if I had to choose another it might be Evora. The two are very different but equally attractive and interesting. They're not in the same direction. Evora is a couple of hours by train from Lisbon, Sintra about 45 minutes. Very difficult to choose if it has to be one or the other, I think you should try for both on separate days....

Lisboa - Doca de...
3. Re: Evora and Sintra in One Day?

If visiting both towns in one day is too much, which town is better to stay the night in, Evora or Sintra?

I migth say Evora because it's further from Lisbon....but sleeping in Sintra has a certain charm :)

Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 64
4. Re: Evora and Sintra in One Day?

I would actually say Sintra. Sintra will occupy a full day for sure and it is just 45 minutes of Lisbon. Train ticket is cheap, there are nice hotels and the place is charming. So you have more to do, better hotels, transport is cheaper, it is faster to get there. So I think all plus. Don’t forget that probably you don’t need to stay a night in Sintra since you can easily return to Lisbon city centre. If you have many days in Lisbon why not do just the day tour to Sintra without sleeping there and use another day to go to Évora?

5. Re: Evora and Sintra in One Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 11, 2009