We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evora to Sevilla/Cordoba

Which Evora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 22
Evora to Sevilla/Cordoba

We will be staying in Lisbon for 3 nights, then we plan to take the bus to Evora and sleep there for 1 night. From Evora we want to go towards Sevilla or Cordoba. We prefer to travel by bus or train, but it looks like it is very difficult to do that from Evora so we will probably rent a car from Evora . Can you suggest another town to visit and spent 1 night somewhere between the Evora-to-Sevilla or Evora-to-Cordoba route (preferably where we can also drop off the rental car and start taking bus or rail)?

Thank you so much for your time.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
1. Re: Evora to Sevilla/Cordoba

I would suggest Faro or Tavira. You can get a bus from either place to Seville and thence to Cordoba by train or bus. That also avoids possible extra charges for cross-border car hire.

Tavira is probably the more interesting for visitors.

Alternatively, there are three daily direct buses from Evora to Faro leaving at 9am, 230pm and 515pm taking around 4 hours for the journey. Cost is €15, rather cheaper than hiring a car. Website is www.rede-expressos.pt in Portuguese only.

I think if you check the timings and depending on when you travel you can do Evora- Faro - Seville in one day as it were.

I have the times of the Faro to Seville buses on a personal webpage at www.algarvebus.info/001.htm

Note that after 15th October the winter timetable applies and there are only 4 buses a day during the week and only 2 at weekends, one of which leaves Faro at 2am.

Hope that helps and enjoy Evora, it is a very historic and interesting city.

San Francisco
2. Re: Evora to Sevilla/Cordoba

Thank you soooo much for the information! Since my husband and I will have 24 days to spend in Portugal, Tangier (Day Trip) and Spain, we will spend 1 night 10/4 in Evora, take the Evora to Tavira bus on 10/5, spend a night in Tavira, then take the bus to Seville that Saturday.

My next question is: is it worth spending 2 nights in Evora to be able to take a day trip to Monsaraz?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
3. Re: Evora to Sevilla/Cordoba

Quite probably - I have been to Evora but not to Monsaraz.

Thing is the buses around Evora are very very limited in number and frequency. There is a place called Reguengos de Monsaraz (some 17km distant from Monsaraz itself) which has a couple of buses from Evora each day and from there you can go further depending on the time and date.

You will need to take a look around here

http://www.rodalentejo.pt

the website of the regional bus company, which doesn't have a map and allows you to search for journeys that don't exist!

Have fun.

4. Re: Evora to Sevilla/Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 08, 2009