We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours of the Salient

Which Ieper (Ypres) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
reviews: 108
Tours of the Salient

Does anyone have any experience of the company: 2Xplore Flanders Fields? Their tours look interesting but I can't find any feedback on them.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Tours of the Salient

No, but see tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188671-i448-k5183…

Some information on the guide on greatwar.co.uk/organizations/battlefield-tou…

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 75
2. Re: Tours of the Salient

We did a one day tour just a couple of weeks ago. Since we were 'tracking' relatives who had fought in the area we were specific about where we went and what we wanted to see.

We used Bob Findley from WW1 Battlefields Alive and were extremely happy. Bob did a heap of research on the two soldiers we were looking for and our tour covered places they had fought (and where one was KiA) and provided us with a folder of this info. He has a number of 'standard' tours but was more than happy to tailor this for us.

If you would like contact details or want more info I'm more than happy - just send me a PM (click on my name in blue to get to my profile page -then go down the left to 'send a message' and type away in the little box that pops up)

are you Newcastle Australia or Newcastle UK?

cheers

helen

edit: I have just checked the link given by qaminari - Bob's contact details are listed on that site

Edited: 5:50 am, February 01, 2013
Surrey, UK
reviews: 18
3. Re: Tours of the Salient

Visited Ypres last week and also used Bob Findley from WW1 Battlefields Alive.

We did a half day Ypres East tour to give us an insight into the area. Would thoroughly recommend using Bob - he will tailor any tour for your particular area and carry out any individual research. He is very enthusiastic about the history and clearly very knowledgeable about it all but pitches everything at the appropriate level.

Newcastle
4. Re: Tours of the Salient

Hi Helen

We went with Bob. What an amazing guy he took us out in blizzards!!! Thanks so much for your recommendation.

He asked to be remembered to you.

Regards

Tony

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 75
5. Re: Tours of the Salient

Pleased you had a great time Tony, Bob certainly is one-of-a-kind.

Newcastle
6. Re: Tours of the Salient

I'll agree with that.

Best

Tony

7. Re: Tours of the Salient

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ieper (Ypres)