We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gent-Wevelgem Bike race 2011

Which Ieper (Ypres) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Gent-Wevelgem Bike race 2011

Is it possible to get from Ieper or Wevelgem to Kemmelberg by public transport when this bike race is on? I may be able to watch the race next year but would not have my own transport and would like to wathc from the Kemmelberg hill. Or is it possible to hire a bike or cab?

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Gent-Wevelgem Bike race 2011

De Lijn bus 70 goes from Ieper to Kemmel (final destination is Nieuwkerke), here is the bus map of W. Flanders: delijn.be/images/Netplan_West-Vlaanderen_201…

I stayed at the Kemmelberg Hotel many years ago, and for sure you could take a taxi there - although of course certain roads may be closed on race day. Also hire a bike in Ieper, e.g. at the railway station.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
2. Re: Gent-Wevelgem Bike race 2011

Sorry, possibly not at the railway station, as this is only between April and September, see b-rail.be/nat/…index.php ; and I'm not sure but I think the race might be in March.

For alternatives, see virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Belgium/Pro…

Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 70
3. Re: Gent-Wevelgem Bike race 2011

Bicycle rent in Ypres and Wevelgem:

* Ieperfiets, Sportstraat 8, 8900 Ieper, Tel.: 057 20 47 62, info@ieperfiets.com

* Camping Jeugdstadion, Leopold III-laan 16, 8900 Ieper, http://www.jeugdstadion.be/E/index.php, Tel.: 057 21 72 82

* 't Velootje, Hemelhofweg 25, 8560 Wevelgem-Gullegem, Tel.: 056 40 01 30, Gsm.: 0496 55 90 55 or 0476 24 80 93, dirk.de.spiegelaere@pandora.be

Edited: 8:07 am, October 12, 2010
4. Re: Gent-Wevelgem Bike race 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 11, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Ieper (Ypres)