We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

Which Ostend hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hull
reviews: 51
hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

Travelled from Hull to Zeebrugge on Pride of York ferry(was the Norsea). It. is now very tatty in general. Sunlight lounge smells of stale sick. Decor is very shabby. I had an inside cabin. More like a box. Very hot and stuffy. If you go on the ferry I suggest you upgrade to a better cabin. But do so on board. Its so much cheaper. Also if you want to eat, book your meals once you are on board. Again cheaper.The actual ferry terminal is dated and scruffy. You have to board the ferry through the back of the ship. You enter through a single door which takes you into the Sunlight lounge. Once inside you are directed to your cabin. When you return to Hull you again disembark through the same single door. This process takes an eternity. If there was a fire then you have no chance of getting off in a hurry. When you arrive in zeebrugge you embark and disembark through the double central doors. These are what the doors are meant for and it is much quicker and more civilised. On board prices are very expensive. A pint of beer £2.90.I bought 3 sandwiches, 2 bags of crisps and a piece of cake £15.00. All in all a bad experience. however the Pride Of Zeebrugge although just as expensive is far cleaner and in better shape in general.

45 replies to this topic
Sheffield
reviews: 17
31. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

We travelled out on the Pride of York which was not too bad. Our cases were checked as NO own alcoholic drinks are allowed on board. The outside cabin was basic but clean and had a high level power point to charge my phone and boil the travel kettle we took after reading earlier reports. We booked an evening meal in the brasserie where we HAD to have two courses making the overall meal rather more expensive (£56) with two bottles of Becks and a glass of wine. The breakfast at £10.50 was definitely not worth the money. Lager beer ran out at £4 for a pint of Stella in the Showtime bar and Pepsi was £1.90 per half. Good job I'd smuggled some miniatures with me. You were allowed to purchase 40 cigarettes each time you went to the bar (DUTY FREE at £3.29 per pack which were cheaper than buying in cartons from the shop. Golden Virginia was £57.99 per 10 x 50 gram so it wasn't worth messing around in Bruges. The entertainment was very mediocre but the journey over was pleasant enough with fairly calm seas.

The return journey on The Pride of Bruges was not so pleasant with dirty births rowdy drunken yobs so we drank in the piano bar - before hand having eaten in 'The Kitchen which was an eat all you can for £17 - OK but overpriced and nothing to write home about.

Overall a reasonable experience but expect to get ripped off on the boat! Try taking packed sandwiches.

Hull, East...
reviews: 3
32. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

hi,tripavdisors......going on ferry tues night 28 jan,for dutch dash with the wife. In previous time food was excellent,but several years have passed since my last visit-things seem to have got bad food wise.It was always sooo good. have not paid the £88 for two nights meals and breakfasts,was going to do once aboard. now I think we will take sandwhiches and stuff. any suggestions?

Thanks CheshireKoshka. Hull.

reviews: 54
33. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

Take your own sandwiches if you like sitting in your cabin. We found the buffet meals reasonably good value and generally a pleasant experience so it's what you prefer!

Edited: 8:23 am, January 27, 2014
lancaster
reviews: 9
34. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

My wife and I recently sailed from Hull to Zeebrugge. Whilst on board, we chose to eat in the Brasserie. There is a comfortable bar at the entrance to enjoy a pre-meal drink with attentive staff to serve you. We booked for 8pm and went to our table on time. My wife choose the pasta dish and I had the chicken chasseur .The meals were served within 10 minutes. The pasta was just pasta, no butter or seasoning and because the sauce was so bland and not enough of it anyway, it was barely edible. How difficult is it to make a good tomato sauce which has been properly seasoned with the addition of some herbs. As for the advertised sautéed breast of chicken, it was just a half of roasted chicken with a boil in the bag sauce. What surprises me is that if there are any chefs on board, why don't they care about the quality and presentation of their food. Surely there is a Catering Manager to oversee the operation ?

There is no choice about eating on board. You cannot take your own food or select from a buffet/self-service type restaurant. You have to eat 2 courses in the Brasserie or take the 3 course meal for £18 in "The Kitchen".

The route is good for us and the cabins are acceptable but I resent having to buy food which I would never eat at home or in a restaurant.

P & O get your act together and look at the standard of food on the Brittany Ferries vessels.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
35. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

Regarding "There is no choice about eating on board. You cannot take your own food or select from a buffet/self-service type restaurant. You have to eat 2 courses in the Brasserie or take the 3 course meal for £18 in "The Kitchen"."

If what you say is true, the Brasserie meal would be included in the fare whether you wanted it or not - although I still don't see how they could oblige you to eat it - or you would pay an additional 18 GBP for "The Kitchen". That is not what it says on their site https://www.poferries.com/tourist/content/pa… which refers to buying a dinner voucher, so you should complain to P&O about inaccurate representation, especially as it also says "The Kitchen" DOES have a buffet, when you say this option is not offered.

What measures do they take to stop people bringing their own food on board?

York
36. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

It isn't cheaper to book meals on the ferry. You get discount for booking on line beforehand!

The bar doesn't smell of sick!! I travelled only last week and although a maybe a little shabby the cabins are clean and staff extremely helpful and friendly. The only issue I had were the drunken, loud passengers !

York
37. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

It isn't cheaper to book meals on the ferry. You get discount for booking on line beforehand! I found the food very good and enjoyed it along with good service.

The bar doesn't smell of sick!! I travelled only last week and although a maybe a little shabby the cabins are clean and staff extremely helpful and friendly. The only issue I had were the drunken, loud passengers !

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 1
38. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

I remember dining in the Langan's Brasserie a few times on these routes to and from Hull. It wasn't bad. Certainly quiet relief from the Four Seasons buffet below. It was on par with your typical restaurant experience. The menu had a decent selection of dishes and it was a bit of a treat. Reading the more recent reviews it seems P&O have embarked on a cost cutting exercise. Gone are the Langan's branding, so too the Four Seasons (now 'the Kitchen' aka the Canteen).

I thought about booking a return trip but I'll spend my money elsewhere given what I've read about the demise in quality and service.

sgt1steiner
reviews: 2
39. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

Can only say the food was great, customer service great and suites excellent, having travelled many times to Rotterdam from Hull, have never had an issue with the ferries or the staff.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
40. Re: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull

I have just got back from this trip, I have some quite big concerns about p and o Saftey prodedures and not impressed in genral however I can't seem to contact them but well here goes :

The ship was dated and smelt quite strongly of sick!

The p and o staf seem friendly enough however there were serious communication problems between crew and passengers. The evacuation procedure was not explained clearly or where to exit the ship the crew stood there and offered no assistance neither did the radio anoncements which were mumbled in English however clear in other languages!

Top tip keep hold of your boarding pass if you have pre paid for a meal it's not clear that you should hold on to it n any hand out neither is it on their website, they do not accept proff of payment or booking as replacement I stress no info for this available.

Bruge was a nice lots of churches however no information provided by p and o lots about hull and surrounding villages however nothing recommending bruge sites or shops seems very strange.

Food was average the hot options were nice however very little cold option expect for starter same for pudding.

Reply to: hull to zeebruge p&o ferry pride of hull
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ostend