We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels- Bruges- Amsterdam

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 2
Brussels- Bruges- Amsterdam

I'm planning on a quick weekend trip and I need to know if this is possible and how difficult this would be. We're planning on flying into Brussels and then taking a train to Bruges, spending a day or two in Bruges and then taking a train one morning to Amsterdam to catch our early afternoon flight home from Amsterdam. Can anyone give me some direction as to the best to go about this? From what I've read, it sounds like I can get a train direct to Bruges from Brussels, but to go from Bruges to Amsterdam's airport, I'd need to connect through Antwerp. Thanks you!!

Brussels
reviews: 9
1. Re: Brussels- Bruges- Amsterdam

< From what I've read, it sounds like I can get a train direct to Bruges from Brussels >

There are no direct trains (without change) to Bruges from the airport. You will have to change trains once, either in Brussels (city) itself, or in Ghent (Gent-Sint-Pieters station)

http://www.belgianrail.be/en/Default.aspx

To: Brugge

< We're planning on ... taking a train one morning to Amsterdam to catch our early afternoon flight home from Amsterdam >

http://www.b-europe.com/Travel

To: Schiphol

Check carefully the time of arrival of the train in Schiphol, to allow for the required check-in time for a transatlantic flight.

< it sounds like I can get a train direct to Bruges from Brussels >

There are direct trains from the Brussels city stations to Bruges, but not from the airport.

< to go from Bruges to Amsterdam's airport, I'd need to connect through Antwerp. >

From Bruges to Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport), you will need to change trains in either Antwerp or Brussels. The online travel planner above will show you the quickest feasible journeys.

You can buy tickets from Brussels Airport to Bruges at the airport station, which is under the airport. There is no need to buy online in advance - the price is the same.

Travel from Bruges to Amsterdam Schiphol involves the high-speed Thalys or Fyra trains (from either Brussels or Antwerp). These trains have variable pricing according to demand. You should buy your tickets online in advance, if possible, once your travel plans are fixed. The Thalys, in particular, may be very expensive if you don't buy your tickets until the last minute.

2. Re: Brussels- Bruges- Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 14, 2014