We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat on New Year's even in Bruges?

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
reviews: 17
Where to eat on New Year's even in Bruges?

My boyfriend and I have just booked to go to Bruges for the New Year. We are really looking forward to it and are looking to book somewhere special for New Year's Eve, especially as one of us will also be celebrating a significant birthday.

We would like a restaurant with really good food, a lively atmosphere and quite central location - we are staying on Hoogstraat and would like to walk back to our hotel so we don't have to worry about getting taxis etc.

It would also be good to have a bit of information about New Year's Eve/New Year's Day in Bruges - are things generally open?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer,

Emily

Edited: 4:52 pm, November 05, 2012
Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
reviews: 23
1. Re: Where to eat on New Year's even in Bruges?

Hi Emily

Have a look at this thread below, it will give you a good starting point on restaurants and what goes on. If you have specific questions come back to the forum.

Hoogstraat is very central and the city is very small, you will not need to worry about a taxi.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…44721851

This is worth a visit:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g188671-i448-k58…

Shop and the Xmas market will be open on New Years Eve. New Years day will be quieter but things will be open.

manchester
reviews: 17
2. Re: Where to eat on New Year's even in Bruges?

Many thanks (also apologies for typo in my original question - mortified!)

3. Re: Where to eat on New Year's even in Bruges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 30, 2013