We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

Which Dinant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
reviews: 23
Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

Hi.

We are planning to visit Dinant and then take road D8051 to Fumay. If anyone has taken this route, did you like it, and what were some of the highlights and most beautiful areas along the way?

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Dinant? We are considering the Ibis Hotel overlooking the Meuse river. Any leads for discounts on hotels in Dinant?

We will then go from Fumay via the D989 to Monthermé, then take the D31 to Vresse, so any advice or comments on this route are also welcome!

I'd also like to buy a detailed Michelin map of this area but don't know if one exists. If you know of one, please post the map number.

TIA

7 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

Map number is 534 (amazon.com/Belgique-Ardenne-Zuid-Belgie-Arde…) or 214 (http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-Tournai-Belgium-Luxembourg-Atlases/dp/2060002141 - surely the price "new" is a mistake??!) or online, see viamichelin.com/web/…

Colorado
2. Re: Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

Thanks. Map 534 looks like the right area, but it appears that none of the roads in France are included; the French area looks empty, with no detail. We will need the French roads too. Do you think they are included and that the cover of the map left them out in order to shows the Belgian area that is included?

Brussels, Belgium
3. Re: Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

No, you will need a different map for France, e.g. amazon.com/Michelin-Champagne-Ardennes-Franc…

Brussels, Belgium
4. Re: Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

P.S. You specifically asked about Michelin maps, but see also mapsworldwide.com/ss/…belgium-road-maps.htm - the second one covers France, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Colorado
5. Re: Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

Yes, I was wondering if any other companies sell maps with great detail of relatively small areas. I'll try to find out how detailed the one of NL, BE & FR is. I fear it will not show the tiny roads we want to take around Monthermé. I see that mapsworldwide has a good selection of maps. Will check the scales to see if one is detailed enough. Thanks.

Brussels
reviews: 9
6. Re: Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

< I fear it will not show the tiny roads we want to take around Monthermé. >

Is Google Maps any help to you ? http://goo.gl/maps/aQUxu

Colorado
7. Re: Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?

Yes, thanks!

If I can't buy a map that includes what we need, I will print a series of both Michelin and Google maps, and we will use them.

Reply to: Anyone know routes Dinant to Fumay or Monthermé to Vresse?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dinant