We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airportbus.eu?

Which Charleroi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leuven
reviews: 25
airportbus.eu?

Anyone experience with this company? They drive Eindhoven via some cities to Charleroi. I have never seen any bus from them around Leuven so I wonder whether they actually exist?!

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: airportbus.eu?

It's only been operating since January 2012 and I can't find any reviews, but try asking in the Eindhoven forum as I guess that's where most users are likely to come from.

I guess if people who had booked online didn't find a bus when they arrived, they would have soon complained about it, so it probably does exist!

I did notice there's a whacking €7.50 surcharge for buying ticket from the driver rather than online.

Leuven
2. Re: airportbus.eu?

OK thanks ! Will give a try in the EIN Forum :)

3. Re: airportbus.eu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:34 am, December 25, 2012
Leuven
4. Re: airportbus.eu?

Since I've been travelling alot now to and from Charleroi (though by car). I can give some advise for travellers who are unsure about this company. They do exist and have busses though not all of them are very well marked with "airportbus.eu". As far as I see mostly their busses run empty nearly. But would give it a try when i dont have car transport. Should be a lot easier than using trains.

Ljubljana
5. Re: airportbus.eu?

I'am using Airportbus.eu for traveling from Charleroi airport to Eindhoven and back each week. I think it is the cheapest and very reliable option. It's very convinient for me that they start very early (4:40), so I can be in Eindhoven in the morning, They are always on time and they can be flexible. Not as taxi, but they can stop or pick you up along the way.

Leuven, Belgium
6. Re: airportbus.eu?

Airportbus.eu runs surely, but not always to Eindhoven. The last time I was on a bus that was to depart from Charleroi at 22:30 and there were a few people who wanted to go for Eindhoven, but the driver informed them that only the next one (at 23:59) goes all the way to Eindhoven, so it is good to check the timetables.

Some more detailed things like charging policy and position of the bus are explained in condensed form on this page (dedicated to the direction of Leuven though):

https:/…

And for sure do check their timetables and try to book online at airportbus.eu , it is much cheaper.

Edinburgh...
reviews: 8
7. Re: airportbus.eu?

Airportbus.eu seem to be no longer accepting booking on their website, and then I saw this:

https:/… which says that the service is no longer running...

Anyone know otherwise?

Brussels, Belgium
8. Re: airportbus.eu?

On the contrary, CRL's own website now lists shuttles only to Brussels (Brussels City Shuttle, aka Voyages L'Elan), Luxembourg (Flibco, stopping also at e.g. Arlon, Thionville and Metz) and Lille (also Flibco): charleroi-airport.com/en/…index.html

In fact, Airportbus itself seems to have announced when it started that the operation would end on 15 March 2013!! See http://nl.airportbus.eu/page/nieuws - under the heading "Klokvaste busverbinding vanaf 7 euro per rit", it says "In Turnhout, Antwerpen, Mechelen, Leuven en Louvain-la-Neuve kan men van 19 januari 2012 t/m 15 maart 2013 een comfortabele autocar op naar de luchthavens van Charleroi of Eindhoven" - which means "In (cities mentioned), from 19 Jan 2012 up to and including 15 Mar 2013, you can take a comfortable coach to the airports of Charleroi and Eindhoven."

Given the experience reported on tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188582-i1637-k542… plus numerous attempts at self-promotion by Airportbus plus indication above (#4) that many of their buses were running empty, it isn't perhaps surprising that the company isn't pursuing this service.

London
reviews: 35
9. Re: airportbus.eu?

It is a pity they did not pursue this route, and not just as an airport connection. Rail links from Eindhoven into Belgium are poor, and I think there would be potential for a (reliable!) Eindhoven City - Eindhoven Airport - Antwerpen express bus along the E34.

Edited: 9:29 am, March 20, 2013
Brussels, Belgium
10. Re: airportbus.eu?

And yet, there doesn't seem to have been much demand on that route (cf. http://www.luchtzak.be/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47529) - does Eindhoven Airport offer Antwerp people anything that AMS and BRU don't?