We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diamond dealers

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
reviews: 1
diamond dealers

Hi. I know that Antwerp is supposed to be the place to procure diamonds, but can anyone recommend a reputable dealer or shop either there or somewhere else? I am going to Amsterdam too, if that is a better option. I need earrings!!! Thanks.

Sacramento...
reviews: 48
1. Re: diamond dealers

Antwerp is the world's largest center for diamonds which pass through. There is a forum for Antwerp on trip advisor. I took a look for you and saw two specific recommendations from other posters. One is Beta Classics, opposite the Vesting Straat (ask for Verena) -this recommendation came from someone who said they had worked in the diamond trade in Antwerp.

The other poster recommended Phillippe Harold in Diamondland. www.phillipe-harold-jewellers.be

Most importantly know before you come, the 4 C's clarity, cut, carats and color of the diamond you want, the more you know about this topic the more you can negotiate. If they offer you a discount for paying cash, make sure it is worth it. As you are in the states, you will get a return of the 21% VAT charged for your diamond. If you pay cash for a discount, you won't get the VAT papers to get your refund.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
2. Re: diamond dealers

Although Antwerp is where the dealers are, as you are in the Brussels forum, you could also try Louis David at 28 rue des Tongres, near Mérode metro (Brussels branch of an Antwerp diamond business) or La Maison du Diamant at 10 Bd de Waterloo near Porte de Namur, see http://www.infodiamond.com/. And if you happen to be in the market for a top end stone, Holemans in Avenue Louise next door to Cartier is worth a look.

3. Re: diamond dealers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 27, 2009