We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours in Brussels and around

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuwait City, Kuwait
tours in Brussels and around

Hello,

I will stay 2 nights in Brussels in Renaissance Brussels Hotel and I have my own car. I need your help with places to be visited in Brussels:

I'm interested in visting these places:

Grand Place

Town Hall (Hotel de Ville). is it worth visiting???

Manneken Pis

Cathedral of Saints Michel and Gudule

Le Tapis de Fleurs - Flower Carpet

Cinquantenaire Arch

Maison du Chocolat. is it worth for visiting???

COO waterfall

Atomium

Forets Des Ardennes. I like nature places is it nice and beautiful place??

there is outlet in the border in Germany.

could you please help me to divide these places in two nights and help me which are worth to visit and could you help me with admission fees and opening hours???

I'm sorry for asking many questions but I hope that you could help me

thanks

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: tours in Brussels and around

BRUSSELS

1. The Grand' Place, Manneken Pis and Cathedral of Saints Michel and Gudule are all in the city centre and free to visit at any time. Note that you cannot enter the Grand' Place by car, I would leave it at the hotel and take bus 95 into town. The Town Hall (Hôtel de Ville) is in the Grand' Place, for information on guided tours see http://www.brussels.be/artdet.cfm?id=4440&404;http://www.bruxelles.be:80/4440 - the tourist office is also located in it.

La Maison du Chocolat Artisanal is nearby in rue du Marché aux Herbes but it's just a chocolate shop - one among many. If by any chance you mean the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate, this is in the Grand' Place: for opening hours and prices see http://www.mucc.be/EN/index_en.htm

The Flower Carpet takes place in the Grand' Place in even-numbered years only, so the next one is in 2014. However, this year the Town Hall will be decorated with flowers around 15 August.

2. The Cinquantenaire Archway is in the Parc du Cinquantenaire near Mérode metro station, entrance is via the Royal Army Museum - once inside, follow signs to the "panorama" . The museum is free, as is access to the top of the archway, for opening hours see www.klm-mra.be/klm-new/engels/main01.php…

3. The Atomium is near Heysel metro station. For opening hours and prices see http://atomium.be/prices.aspx

OUTSIDE BRUSSELS

4. For Coo waterfall see malmedy.be/en/…cascade-de-coo.html and tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g188654-d2…

5. Forets des Ardennes. Coo is already in the Ardennes. If you want to know more about the area see belgium.be/en/… - but you don't really have time to explore it if you also want to go, on the same day, to:

6. "outlet in the border in Germany." I presume you are referring to Maasmechelen village, see maasmechelenvillage.com/en/…opening-times

Kuwait City, Kuwait
2. Re: tours in Brussels and around

Thanks a lot for reply

You really provide me with useful information

But from your perspective which sites are worth to visit and which are not because this is my first time to Belgium??

And is there better places more than I've mentioned??

As for chocolate, yes I mean chocolate museum ist worth to visit??

I've heared that Namur is beattiful place. Do you recomened to me to visit Namur instead if Coo waterfall??

Thanks and sorry for bothering you

Brussels, Belgium
3. Re: tours in Brussels and around

If you really want my perspective, you are trying to do far too much in 2 days, however I am never going to say that one place is more worth it than another because people's tastes differ so much! For example, I wouldn't personally bother with the Mannekin Pis, the cathedral or the chocolate museum but other people might consider them essential: you can only read up on them and decide for yourself! Also I would want to visit some of Brussels' museums, in particular the Musical Instrument Museum and the Oriental Arts Museum, but again, that reflects my person interests.

Similarly, I personally prefer Dinant to Namur, but I am not going to recommend one place rather than another as these things are entirely subjective. From the practical point of view, however, on your day outside Brussels, I would recommend heading straight to Maasmechelen, as the furthest point you want to reach, and visiting wherever else you visit on the way back to Brussels.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4. Re: tours in Brussels and around

Thanks a lot for reply and help

Yes You are right, too many places to be visited in 2 nights

Maybe I will visit Maasmechelen outlet when I will be in Germany because I will stay in Germany 4 nights

I'm intersted in visiting mines, caves, nature( beatiful lakes,,etc)

Is there places to be visited in Belgium like that??

As I said I will stay 2 nights in Brussels and one night in Bruges

But because I have car I will be able to visit places out of these cities

Thanks a lot

Brussels, Belgium
5. Re: tours in Brussels and around

You might like to visit the Grottes de Neptune (Adugeoir caves), http://www.grottesdeneptune.be/ - although not quite as famous as the Grottes de Han, this cave series near Couvin has a sound-and-light show with a waterfall, and also happens to be quite close to the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure, see map on lacsdeleaudheure.be/leh-fr/…index.html and view of the Barrage (dam) de Falemprise on http://www.panoramio.com/photo/14458573

These are 5 artificial lakes, the best view points are marked on the map on www.aves.be/index.php… - not on the level of, say, the Swiss or Italian lakes, but pleasant all the same.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
6. Re: tours in Brussels and around

Thanks a lot

Thank you very much, I'm really interseted to see this cave

But the 2 cave you have mentioned looks interseting

Which one do you recommend me to visit??

And for palaces, which one is more beatiful

I like visiting palaces, but I don't have to visit all

I'm really sorry for bothering you

Thanks

Brussels, Belgium
7. Re: tours in Brussels and around

I already recommended the Grottes de Neptune, also known as the "Adugeoir caves" - these are not 2 different places.

There is only one palace in Belgium that you could visit, IF you will be here between the end of July and the beginning of September, and that is the Royal Palace in Brussels: monarchie.be/palace-and-heritage/palace-brus…

Kuwait City, Kuwait
8. Re: tours in Brussels and around

Thanks a lot for your recommendation

Thank you for your patient and kind

Really good information

I will add this cave to my schedule

Unfortunately, I will be in Belgium in the mid of May

Thank you very much

Thanks again

9. Re: tours in Brussels and around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 02, 2014