We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting brussels in may 2013

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
visiting brussels in may 2013

hi i am planning to visit brussels in may 2013 from london and it will be for 3 days

i am planning to see the below places

brussels, tulip gardens and madurodam

can anyone advice me where to stay and any hotels i have two kids and how to travel from brussels to the above places

it would be very great help thanks in advance

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: visiting brussels in may 2013

Madurodam is at the Hague (Den Haag in Dutch): for which, coming from Brussels, you have to change at Rotterdam, 1h10 by Thalys high-speed train from Bruxelles-Midi (same station you will be using if coming by Eurostar) or double that by (now rare) non-high-speed trains, changing in Antwerp (Belgium) and Roosendaal (Netherlands).

Tulip fields are around Lisse, also in the Netherlands. There are buses (35 mins) to Keukenhof from Amsterdam-Schiphol, which is about 1h32 from Bruxelles-Midi by Thalys, again double that by non-high-speed trains. See http://www.keukenhof.nl/en/route/

With only 3 days in Brussels/Belgium,I don't really see the point of spending 2 of them in the Netherlands: why not fly directly to Amsterdam from London?

Reading, United...
2. Re: visiting brussels in may 2013

hi thanks a lot for your reply.

actually i am trying to cover them in 3 days.

can you advice me the best way to plan from london with some good economic hotels to stay as well. looking to stay one night in brussels and the other in amsterdam or rotterdam

Edited: 11:15 am, January 22, 2013
Brussels, Belgium
3. Re: visiting brussels in may 2013

The best way in my opinion, and probably the most economical given the cost of Eurostar to Brussels, would be to fly from London to Amsterdam-Schiphol (Easyjet from LGW, BA/KLM from LHR, BA CityHopper from London City) and if you think you have the time - you said 3 days, now it seems it is only 2 nights! - visit Brussels on a day-trip by train. Thalys (www.thalys.com) takes 2 hrs each way between Amsterdam and Brussels, less from Schiphol/ Rotterdam, cost depends on how far in advance you can book.

You will find hotels for each city on the left-hand side of the page when in the forum for that city (Brussels/ Amsterdam/ Rotterdam..), and can arrange the list in order of price - lowest or highest first - or ratings by TA members, so you can pick your own hotel according to your definition of "economic" and see which ones have the best rating for the lowest price.

For information about Amsterdam/ Rotterdam/ Madurodam/ Keukenhof, the relevant forum is the one for the Netherlands: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g188553-i58-The_Ne…

Edited: 2:26 pm, January 22, 2013
Reading, United...
4. Re: visiting brussels in may 2013

hi thanks a lot for your reply.

are there any hotels near to the train station in amsterdam and rotterdam..?

from amsterdam i can visit tulip gardens and madurodam village right..?

is there any website where i can find how to reach the places by train or bus so that i can take a print out if that which will be handy

thanks

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 43
5. Re: visiting brussels in may 2013

Sriman, there are plenty of hotels but we need some idea of your budget and what kind of hotel you would like.

Also you should ask these questions on the Netherlands/Amsterdam forum as they have nothing to do with Belgium/Brussels.

Reading, United...
6. Re: visiting brussels in may 2013

hi sorry i did not realise that

i will ask that in that forum.

how about the travel from station to mini europe and atomium is there any site with detailed info.

Brussels, Belgium
7. Re: visiting brussels in may 2013

From Bruxelles-Midi station, the best way to get there is by metro line 6, direction Roi Baudouin, which will take you directly to Heysel: www.stib.be/horaires-dienstregeling2.html… (Gare du Midi is at the bottom of the - rather shaky - figure 6 that this line fortuitously has the shape of).

Full metro map on minieurope.com/files/…metroplanbxl-200904.pdf

8. Re: visiting brussels in may 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 25, 2014