We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BRU airport to Ghent Mariott?

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
BRU airport to Ghent Mariott?

I am flying into BRU and arrive Thursday morning. I need to travel out to Ghent to meet up with a friend who will be at a conference at the Mariott. What is the best way to do this, and if it is via train, can I buy tickets at the airport with a credit card? Thanks!

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: BRU airport to Ghent Mariott?

Yes, from the station below the airport, changing at Bruxelles-Nord (or Central or Midi, as you prefer: the train to Oostende or Knokke/Blankenberge, which stops at Ghent, travels through all 3 of them in the same direction as the train coming in from the airport). I don't know whether they will take a credit card for this as it only costs €11.80 and in any case you'll definitely need cash for the tram from Gent St. Pieters station to the city centre (tram no. 1, to Korenmarkt).

Houston, Texas
2. Re: BRU airport to Ghent Mariott?

Thanks very much! I will exchange a few dollars at the airport then for Euros, I haven't been able to get them at the bank here.

Dublin
reviews: 9
3. Re: BRU airport to Ghent Mariott?

They do take credit cards at the ticket office at BRU.

Brussels
reviews: 9
4. Re: BRU airport to Ghent Mariott?

Trains leaving the Airport at 09.09, 09.52, 10.09, 10.52, 11.09, 11.52 etc go direct to Ghent without the need to change in Brussels.

Trains at 52 minutes past the hour take only 53 minutes; trains at 09 minutes past the hour take 1 hour 31 minutes.

Trains at 36 minutes past the hour take 1 hour with a change in Brussels North.

hari.b-rail.be/HAFAS/bin/query.exe/en…

http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/

To: Gent-Sint-Pieters

Credit cards are accepted at the Airport station ticket window but not in the ticket machines hari.b-rail.be/infsta/InfoStation.aspx…

5. Re: BRU airport to Ghent Mariott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 pm, June 18, 2013