We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro from Airport to Hotel Silken Berlaymont - schuman stop

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galashiels
reviews: 6
Metro from Airport to Hotel Silken Berlaymont - schuman stop

I am going to Brussels on wed, please can you tell me what metro lines I should get from the airport to hotel silken berlaymont next to schuman metro? I have printed out the metro map.

Thankyou

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
reviews: 26
1. Re: Metro from Airport to Hotel Silken Berlaymont - schuman stop

schuman is the nearest metro depending on which exit you take it is a maximum of five minutes walk.

Galashiels
reviews: 6
2. Re: Metro from Airport to Hotel Silken Berlaymont - schuman stop

Thankyou for your prompt reply, much appreciated. Anne

haacht
reviews: 33
3. Re: Metro from Airport to Hotel Silken Berlaymont - schuman stop

If you want to take the metro, you should first take the train to Brussels and look for connection with the metro, in Brussel-central for example. Other solution is to take the train, get of in Brussels-North and take the first train in direction of Wavre, Ottignies or Namur (in 99% of the cases on binary 7), the first stop will be Brussels-Schumann.

Other solution: there is a special bus, the Euro-express, which brings you every 20min. to place Schumann and beyond.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
4. Re: Metro from Airport to Hotel Silken Berlaymont - schuman stop

Yes, there is no metro from the airport, to Schuman or anywhere else! If you want to arrive at Schuman by metro, you would first have to take the train to Gare centrale - 2nd stop on that line, after Gare du Nord.

The airport bus (12 except at evenings and weekends when it is the 21, and not "express") stops at Schuman although in my experience it takes rather longer than 20 minutes. Your hotel is not quite "next to Schuman metro", incidentally, but a few minutes' walk away in Avenue Charlemagne, beyond the Berlaymont building.

5. Re: Metro from Airport to Hotel Silken Berlaymont - schuman stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 21, 2009