We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Which Antwerp hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 6
Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

We visited this park many years ago and will be visiting there again this Summer to see a concert at the Openluchttheater. It says children under 12 are free? Does anyone know if we still have to get some sort of free ticket so the children will be allocated space?

I take it we just turn up, walk in and sit down when the gates open? My lack of Flemish is letting me down as I cannot find this information in English.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

It says (http://www.openluchttheater.be/nl/tickets) "De toegang is gratis voor kinderen onder de 12 jaar. Deze kinderen hebben geen apart ticket nodig. Wel maximum één kind, vergezeld door en per betalende volwassene." Trans: "Entry is free for children under 12. These children don't need any separate ticket. Maximum 1 child accompanied by a paying adult".

It would therefore seem that a ticket or e-ticket issued to 1 adult and 1 (free) child must cover 2 allocated places; or it could be 4 places for 2 adults + 2 children, or 6 for 4 adults and 2 children (but not the other way around!).

London, United...
2. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Thank you that really helps. So looking to return to Antwerp and even better to see one of my favourite bands in such a beautiful venue.

London, United...
3. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

A further question if anyone knows the area well? I understand the best option for travel appears to be the 10 Tram from Centraal Station? Is this correct? If so is it a long walk from here to the theatre?

Also i seem to remember the park is open in the evening so we would just turn up at queue at the theatre entrance until doors open at 7? Or can you go earlier and claim a good seat?

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
4. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Again, it says "Avondkassa Openluchttheater: vanaf 19u of één uur voor aanvang van de voorstelling, enkel tickets voor de voorstelling van die avond (indien beschikbaar)." = "Evening box-office Open-Air Theatre: from 19:00 hrs or 1 hour before the beginning of the performance, only tickets for the performance of that evening (if available)" (may be purchased).

Incidentally, you can also buy tickets in FNAC in the Grand Bazaar shopping centre (Groenplaats) and Info Cultuur (Prospekta) in the Grote Markt.

Transport details are on http://www.openluchttheater.be/nl/info - indeed from Franklin Rooseveltplaats, tram #10 to the Leeuwlantstraat stop, or bus 33 to the Sterckshof stop. The entrance to Ter Rivierenhof on Turnhoutsebaan is just a few minutes' walk from the tram stop, you can google for map which will show the open air theatre at least 10 mins walk from there on the other side of Parkweg.

Sousse, Tunisia
reviews: 8
5. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Hi, we live 5 minutes of the parc.

The tramstop Leeuwlantststraat doesn't exist anymore since they renovated the Turnhoutsebaan.

If you come from town you best get off at 2nd stop after the bridge over the high way on tram 10. There are traffic lights. You turn to right on Hoofdvunderlei and then about 200 meter in that street to the left in the parc and then you follow the crowd :-)

You have to queue in front of the theatre, seats are not numbered. Even when hot wear something with long sleeves and a trouser,

the theatre is also very popular by the local moquito's :-)))

You need to get tickets in advance because the popular concerts are mostly sold out one day after the release of the tickets.

London, United...
6. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Thank you, that is really helpful, we'll follow your suggestions, especially regarding the Mosquitos!

As the concerts are so popular, I am guessing it would be best to arrive well before 7 pm? I thought we could relax in the park maybe and eat a picnic before going inside. Is that possible?

Sousse, Tunisia
7. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Yeah off course.

The parc is huge and all day open for public, there is a café and a small playground not that far from the theatre. There are also toilets.

Attached you find a map.

provant.be/binaries/…20kaart_tcm7-110483.pdf

Edited: 2:35 pm, May 19, 2013
London, United...
8. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for the details and map. We leave in a few days for Antwerp and this will be a great help.

Sousse, Tunisia
9. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Funny, just thought a few days ago about you when I was running in the Rivierenhof.

Hope you will enjoy it !

London, United...
10. Re: Rivierehof in Deurne. Theatre questions

Thanks.

Do you know if there will be the option of a taxi there after the show? Is there a taxi rank there or would we need the tram again?

Get answers to your questions about Antwerp
Recent Conversations