We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap train from Antwerp to Paris

Which Antwerp hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
Cheap train from Antwerp to Paris

Besides Thalys, is there any other cheaper direct trains fromAntwerp to Paris? Suggestionsfor alternatives most welcomed! Also, is there a left luggage office in the Antwerp station? Thanks!

Brussels
reviews: 9
1. Re: Cheap train from Antwerp to Paris

< Besides Thalys, is there any other cheaper direct trains fromAntwerp to Paris? >

No.

< is there a left luggage office in the Antwerp station? >

Yes - but only self-service lockers, not a staffed office.

hari.b-rail.be/infsta/InfoStation.aspx…

b-rail.be/nat/…index.php

London
reviews: 35
2. Re: Cheap train from Antwerp to Paris

Only Thalys runs direct between Antwerp and Paris. The cheapest fares can be obtained by booking in advance via the Thalys website.

The only real alternative is the Eurolines bus.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
3. Re: Cheap train from Antwerp to Paris

It's not only that Thalys is the only train that runs "direct between Antwerp and Paris", it's that there is NO other train between Brussels and Paris, full stop. You can take a "normal" (e.g. InterCity) train as far as Brussels but from there you only have Thalys to Paris-Nord or TGV to Paris-CDG airport, which is equally expensive. There are now no NON-high-speed trains between Belgium and France apart from between Ghent/Kortrijk and Lille; but from Lille to Paris you can still only go by TGV!

Edited: 5:14 pm, December 08, 2011
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Cheap train from Antwerp to Paris

Thanks for the tips/advice. Looks like i'd just have to makedo with Thalys then. Now I'm wondering if the lockers would be big enough for my luggage. I plan to go to Antwerp from Amsterdam for a day trip and proceed to Paris after. Need to store my luggage.

5. Re: Cheap train from Antwerp to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 28, 2012