We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inputs required for trip planned to Belgium

Which Belgium hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
delhi
reviews: 7
Inputs required for trip planned to Belgium

hi!

I have 6 nites in Belgium and land in Brussels around the end of sept with my husband

My tenatative trip details are as follows:

3 nites brussels - with day trips to lueven, and mechelen

2 nites ghent - with day trip to antwerp

1 nite brugges

Am i taking on too much - if i need to drop a city, what would u recommend?

Should i base my self in just one city and do day trips or spend a few nites in each? Enjoy art, architecture and also scenic beauty

and i know these are a lot of questions, but a lst one - should i drive around (not sure how expensive parking is) or just take a train everywhere?

Looking forward to some advice,

please help !

cheers,

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Inputs required for trip planned to Belgium

I would drop Mechelen because 6 cities in 6 days/nights is too much, in my opinion. I would also tend to do everything from a central base either Brussels (where there are many hotels near Gare centrale, which is also near the Grand' Place) or Ghent (where you would have to factor in tram to and from Gent St. Pieters station if staying in the city centre) but this is entirely a matter of personal preference, and how much you mind packing/unpacking etc.

I would also travel by train because parking is not only expensive but difficult, and you don't need a car in any of these places. It would be different if you wanted to visit WWI battlefields and cemeteries around Ieper (Ypres) or WWII sites around Bastogne, or small villages in the Ardennes.

You could consider buying the Belgian Railways 10-trip Rail Pass for €76, which can be used between 2 or more people: belgianrail.be/en/…rail-pass.aspx

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 70
2. Re: Inputs required for trip planned to Belgium

We were in Belgium in fall of 2012 and based ourselves in Ghent. From Ghent we visited both Antwerpen and Bruges. Burges is so close to Ghent you would not need to move between the two and Ghent is less touristy (but charming) than Burges. From Ghent we moved to Brussels and we found 3 days there to be more than we needed. Two days would have been sufficient as far as I'm concerned.

Antwerpen is well worth visiting by the way.

Enjoy!

3. Re: Inputs required for trip planned to Belgium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 02, 2014