We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation within belgium

Which Belgium hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Transportation within belgium

Hye,

I'm planning to travel to Belgium this easter. I would like to know the recommended transportation to travel between the cities in Belgium. What is the cheapest mode of transportation and should I buy the ticket in advance?

Thank you.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Transportation within belgium

There's generally only one possiblity, which is the train, and unless you are under 26 (when flat-rate €6 Go-Pass 1 ticket has to be bought online) it makes no difference to the price of domestic tickets whether you buy them in advance or not, online or at the station.

Depending on how many trips you would be doing, between which cities, and as regards RETURN trips, on which days (weekday/weekend), you might be interested in Belgian Railways' 10-trip Rail Pass, which costs €76. For example, this would mean paying €7.60 for Brussels-Brugge (1 hr on the fastest, IC, trains), which would otherwise cost €13.80 single, €27.60 return, €14.80 weekend return, covering day return on Sat/Sun.

The Flemish bus company De Lijn runs buses between SOME (few) cities, e.g. Brussels and Leuven, Brugge and Ghent (but not Brussels and Ghent/Brugge). These take more than twice as long as the train but are also cheaper, for example you can get a day pass for €5 - see www.delijn.be/en/vervoerbewijzen/index.htm.

2. Re: Transportation within belgium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 03, 2014