We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madurodam - How much time to spend

Which The Hague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 10
Madurodam - How much time to spend

I understand this is more of a personal preference, but I do see 2 themed routes on their website - Architecture Route & Water Route.

Any idea on how much time to spend?

Can we cover other sights like museums? We are traveling from Amsterdam so we need to get back from Hague.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
1. Re: Madurodam - How much time to spend

Hi there,

About 2 hours is maximum for average adults; having kids with you can make a difference, either in + or in - direction.

The Hague has enough other nice stuff, like museums indeed and the beach. MC Escher museum would be a not-to-miss one for us.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Madurodam - How much time to spend

As a Dutch adult I find Madurodam quite boring and more suitable for kids than for adults. I was quite disappointed when I can back as an adult, because i had good memories from my childhood.

I don't know why foreigners would like to see Madurodam. At least Dutch folks have the fun of recognizing the miniature buildings they have seen at their original sizes, for tourists most of them are just small buildings.

My advice would be to spend your precious time at another place unless you go with kids, but please note that this is just my personal opinion...

Cheers,

Dennis

Haarlem, The...
reviews: 167
3. Re: Madurodam - How much time to spend

I didn't like madurodam either, unless you have time to spare you can spend your time better. Check out the parliament buildings and the prison museum in The Hague.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 1
4. Re: Madurodam - How much time to spend

Panaroma Mesdag in The Hague is also very beautiful

http://www.panorama-mesdag.com/#pagina=920

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
5. Re: Madurodam - How much time to spend

Madurodam is one of those been there, done that type of attractions your frinds will ask about. As previously noted, it's geared more towards children and a lot of the Dutch people don't go there (but then a lot of Dutch people , outside of the ones that live in Amsterdam wouldn't visit Amsterdam either). I'd say go, spend a couple of hours, take some pictures to show your friends and then go see the other sights in The Hague.

Edited: 2:31 pm, April 22, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Madurodam - How much time to spend

madurodam is pretty cool..i was amazed how detailed the miniatures were...they dont look cheap or cheesy..but i agree, a couple hours would be enough

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 10
7. Re: Madurodam - How much time to spend

Thank you all. We`ll plan on spending couple of hours.

Like what Vegas said, its like been there done that. I feel the same about Coca Cola Center in Atlanta. There is nothing to really see, but it is a must see attraction in Atlanta.

8. Re: Madurodam - How much time to spend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 30, 2012