We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying 2 weeks at the hague

Which The Hague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 9
staying 2 weeks at the hague

staying two weeks at the hague - not my first visit to holland stayed previously in amsterdam with a side trip to giethoorn (charming town in holland). however the very good hotels in amsterdam are getting way too expensive - i thought of brussels but that is just as expensive. then i thought of the hague and got a good buy at the hotel le meridien des indes for 150 euros - this is considered 4 to 5 star hotel. yes i would be staying at the hague for the hotel but will take side trips to amsterdam (mostly) plus one day side trips to brussels,antwerp and bruegs(spelling). how is the hague is it worth staying there for two weeks because of the hotel which is a bargain??or am i making a mistake.

Den Haag
reviews: 2
11. Re: staying 2 weeks at the hague

Just one more "must see" in The Hague - the Panorama Mesdag. It would be a lovely 15-minute walk from your hotel - when you leave it, turn right. Walk under the trees along the centre part of the Lange Voorhout (and look at the sculptures), cross the Parkstraat. This can be a bit tricky, so watch the traffic. Continue more or less straight on into a narrow and short street. If you are fond of Indonesian food, there's the Garoeda restaurant on the corner. If you like very fine cigars, there is a specialty shop one or two buildings further on. At the end of the street, turn right. You'll see the Royal Palace on your left - that is where our Queen B has her offices. Continue along all the beautiful shops until you reach a street with a canal. Cross the street, turn around for a moment and look to the right to you'll see building that looks like a railway station. Those are the Royal Stables. Turn back again, continue a little bit further and on your right you'll see the Panorama Mesdag, which is quite inconspicuous from the outside. If you're a seascape buff, look at the paintings downstairs, but for the main attraction just climb the stairs. I won't tell you what you'll find there, but be prepared to be stunned.

Enjoy your stay!

Brewster, New York
reviews: 25
12. Re: staying 2 weeks at the hague

Oh, and don't forget another gem Den Hague has to offer.....The MC Escher Museum!! An amazing place to spend a few hours, especially if you enjoy his work. The chandeliers that were especially designed for the museum (a former royal palace) are simply wonderful!

reviews: 9
13. Re: staying 2 weeks at the hague

i didn't realize more replies thank you very much - i don't have a printer but i will go outside and make copies these replies are as good as any guidebook perhaps better. the people in holland when it comes to kindness they are the best - i am surprised at how liberal the country - maybe too liberal???wonderful country if it wasn't so expensive i would immigrate. thank you again.

14. Re: staying 2 weeks at the hague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 28, 2009