We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids

We will be stopping off in Rotterdam for a little R&R before heading out to see friends in Zwolle. I need something to do with kids (5 & 8) for about 4 hours, I don't want to venture too far from Central Station. Lunch options would be great, too.

6 replies to this topic
Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 95
1. Re: 4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids

When will you visit Rotterdam?

You might go to the Rotterdam Zoo (Diergaarde Blijdorp) which is quite close to Rotterdam Central Station. Railz Miniworld is also very close to Rotterdam Central Station. I think kids will like these attractions. There are more than enough lunch options near Rotterdam Central Station (Vapiano, StationsHuiskamer in Central Station, Lebkov etc. and you will also find more than enough cheap lunch options at the West-Kruiskade). If you would have had some more time I would have gone to the Witte de With street for lunch.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 131
2. Re: 4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids

Hmmm... this one

http://www.splashtours.nl/en/

is impressive for adults and kids and also gives a broad overview of the town, but departure point at Euromast does not really qualify for you as it's at least 20 mins by tram/metro & walk from Central Station. Still maybe worth considering...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Leiden, The...
reviews: 4
3. Re: 4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids

You may also want to consider the so-called Pancake Boat, which allows you to combine lunch with a sightseeing tour. The boat departs from Parkhaven (opposite Euromast, just like the splash tour), but it's good fun!

http://www.pannenkoekenboot.nl/rotterdam/en/

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
4. Re: 4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids

That splashboat tours sure sounds like fun and I still want to do that one day.

Another idea though: the funny 45 degree tilted Cube Houses by Blaak are also interesting, and one is open to see from the inside as a 'museum' for only €2.50 per person. …rotterdam.info/visitors/…

(and the website I mentioned comes in very handy for other ideas as well)

Blaak also has a lively market. And Oude Haven is nice to have some drinks or lunch.

You can use www.9292.nl/en for planning your public transport.

Rotterdam, The...
5. Re: 4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids

I'd go for the same as Jesper. Lunch options are in the Van Oldenbarneveltstraat named Nostra, L'ouest & Mangiare, places I really like to go with visitors.

San Jose, California
6. Re: 4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids

Thank you all. Your answers give me a better understanding of our options.

Reply to: 4 hours in Rotterdam with Kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted