We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

Hello Rotterdam experts. I'm accompanying my bridge-nut dad on a trip to Rotterdam so he can see the Erasmus Bridge. I thought it would be great if I could book a table at a restaurant that has a spectacular view of said bridge. Is there such a restaurant? Thanks so much for any help.

8 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
1. Re: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

Hi there,

Great idea. Wild guess is that Inntel hotel and Hotel New York have terrace restaurants with a good view on it as they're closeby, but simply can't remember the exact setting of their restaurants from the time we were there. Hopefully a closerby expert can confirm and/or give other names.

All the best,

<erik> & [Sandya]

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

Hotel Inntel indeed has a good view on the Erasmusbridge. A place that has recently opened is Nhow hotel with it's bar on the seventh floor. I haven't been there yet myself but I can imagine that the view is better there. This is their website: http://nhow-rotterdam.com/bar-kitchen/

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 96
3. Re: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

The Nhow Bar indeed is a good option, even if you decide to have dinner somewhere else it's worth to pay a short visit to the bar on the 7th floor for a drink or a desert. You'll have a wonderful view on the Erasmus Bridge from there.

Recently the HMB restaurant has opened on the ground level of De Rotterdam (the same building in which Nhow is located) and it also has a view on the Erasmus Bridge, but not from higher up like the Nhow Bar. It also is a bit more expensive and high cuisine. Another option but also very expensive is the restaurant of the Wereldmuseum (recently received a Michellin Star) which has a nice view from the other side of the water.

Another option on the Wilhelminapier might be the Gauchos aan de Maas, an Argentinian steak restaurant and when you book a table near the window you'll definitely have a nice view on the bridge.

For nice views on the bridge: take a ride with the Watertaxi from the Boompjes Park towards Hotel New York (or The Rotterdam Steam Ship) and you'll pass underneath the bridge. The Westerkade and Veerhaven also feature nice views on the bridge.

Rotterdam, The...
4. Re: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

If the weather is good you should sit on the terras of restaurant Zenne, next to the Veerhaven and on the other side of the road where the Wereldmuseum is located. From there you are right next to the Maas river and the view is sweet. The bar of Nhow has recently opened and has a good view. Especially when the roof terrace is opened (should be soon) this will offer the best view.

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

Zenne is also nice sitting inside.

HMB just opened but reviews are very good. So if you're looking for a real good dinner that might be the place to go.

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

If you want to have a fancy dinner and if the weather permits, I reccomend the zen-styled terrace of the Wereldmuseum restaurant. This restaurant has recently earned a michelin star and it is located on the waterfront with a stunning view over the Erasmus Bridge.

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 96
7. Re: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

The Wereldmuseum restaurant indeed is a nice new spot with a view on the bridge.

This is how the view is like from the restaurant of the Euromast:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118883313@N07/sets/72157642968450073/

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 3
8. Re: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge

Just read all the suggestions given and have to admit your dad will be over the moon if you take him on a ride on the Watertaxi from the Boompjes Park. Have a drink at Hotel New York, from there cross the bridge by foot and enjoy a dinner at Zenne.

Reply to: Dining with a view of the Erasmus Bridge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted