We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Immingham, United...
reviews: 2
Rotterdam day trip from Hull

I am thinking of visiting Rotterdam on a minicruise from Hull later this month. I have previously visited Amsterdam, so wanted to do Rotterdam this time as I prefer to explorer as much of the world as possible as opposed to going to the same place as some people do.

Can anyone advise of where the coach will drop you off at Hull and possible recommend any waterside cafes or bars please?

22 replies to this topic
Immingham, United...
11. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Thank you. I also didn't realise that the new Market Hall isn't yet built, which is a shame. But hopefully one day I will be able to come back as it looks like it will be stunning.

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 90
12. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

It's not finished yet, but the mural is already impressive to watch from the outside:

https:/…rhfq86pgj4gj79aev9hjhvnqr

Immingham, United...
13. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Wow that looks amazing. Probably the first building I've seen that looks better than the artist impressions.

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 90
14. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Even though it is not finished yet it is already quite impressive to watch. Sadly enough we have to wait just a little bit more before we can enter it.

To return to your question you started with: I visited the Nhow bar for the first time yesterday evening and it is a great location to have a drink with a nice view on the bridge. Just walk into the entrance of the hotel and ask for the bar and they will tell you that you'll have to take the elevator to the 7th floor:

http://nhow-rotterdam.com/bar-kitchen/

It has a very relaxed atmosphere.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
15. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Cool, Jesper! Is that where the normal Blaak market is?

Do the Rotterdammers have an illustrous name for it yet, along the lines of 'koopgoot' (= buying ditch) for the Beurstraverse? ;-)

Immingham, United...
16. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Thanks for that tip, it looks amazing. I will be sure to try and visit.

Immingham, United...
17. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Can anyone advise of cigarette prices on the ferry (are they the same as the Zeebrugge route at around £49 for Labert & Butler) and also in Rotterdam itself, how do prices compare to Belgium?

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 3
18. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

"Maas tunnel, a fascinating piece of Nazi engineering marvel".

They wish. They came in 1940, not in 1937 when construction started. ;)

Sorry I don't know about cigarette prices. Maybe one more tip: If you are in the city on a Tuesday or Saturday there is the open market. On this days the visitor center of the market hall is open to visit with nice models and a good view into the construction site.

Immingham, United...
19. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Following your suggestions, I have been looking at Oudehaven more closely and it looks like the perfect area to ease the inevitable hangover from the ferry crossing the night before!

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
20. Re: Rotterdam day trip from Hull

Yep Oudehaven is nice and you'll be sitting right below the weird cube houses. One of them is a museum with only €2.50 entrance fee. …rotterdam.info/visitors/…

Reply to: Rotterdam day trip from Hull
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted