We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike from Rotterdam to Amsterdam.

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 1
Bike from Rotterdam to Amsterdam.

I'm planning on going to Rotterdam, via ferry from England, and I was thinking on getting a bike to ride to Amsterdam to continue my journey. Is there any special shop, that rents out bikes that can be dropped off in a diferent city? Or is there some other way to rent out / borrow a bike to continue the journey?

4 replies to this topic
Rotterdam, The...
1. Re: Bike from Rotterdam to Amsterdam.

Some links.

cityguiderotterdam.com/nl/…

http://rotterdambycycle.nl/en/bike-rental

nshispeed.nl/en/…rent-a-bike

…rotterdam.info/visitors/…l

http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=bikerentals&find_loc=Rotterdam%2C+Zuid-Holland

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
2. Re: Bike from Rotterdam to Amsterdam.

With the OV fiets system you can drop off at a different station but I think you need a dutch bank account for this to become a member.

Maybe it is easier to train to Amsterdam and make a circle trip from there.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
3. Re: Bike from Rotterdam to Amsterdam.

You may want to do an organized Bike & Barge tour, they can provide a bike and they will transport your luggage for you.

On a normal rental bike, how were you planning on transporting your luggage?

What Grolland says is true, the "OV Fiets" bikes are for residents who become a member first.

Perhaps you can get some useful info from these earlier threads in which I posted loads of info about biking in the Netherlands. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k68801…

I would strongly suggest you choose scenic bike routes and not the fastest ones; the fast ones will probably be alongside smelly motorways the entire way. The scenic ones are about 20-50% longer but take you through countryside, meadows, past rivers, farms, windmills, cows, through cute villages and town centers. See the threads I mentioned for more info on scenic biking.

To date I have never heard of a bike rental company that has branches in different towns and allows drop-off somewhere else. You're probably better of doing a circular route, or an organized one.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

…xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm#bike

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Bike from Rotterdam to Amsterdam.

Do you arrive in Hoek van Holland with Stena Line? If so there is a bikeshop in the town there. You can consider to buy a second hand bike and sell it in Amsterdam when you don't need it anymore. That may be the easiest en cheapest option. If you arrive with P&O in Europoort you can take their bus into Rotterdam and buy a bike in a bikeshop there.

Reply to: Bike from Rotterdam to Amsterdam.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted