We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 6
Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

Hey hey.

I am heading to Rotterdam to photograph and film the harbour. Doe's anyone know any sweet spots that I might use to get good pictures, I prefer non touristy spots over all :)

7 replies to this topic
Rotterdam, The...
1. Re: Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

Willemsbridge, Erasmusbridge, Veerhaven, Euromast, Maashaven metrostation, Pernis metrostation, Spido boat trips, Rijnhaven metrostation, Maasvlakte 1 and 2.

Edited: 3:09 am, January 14, 2014
Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

I would suggest to rent a car and take the A15 motorway (south ring). This motorway leads you all the way along the port for about 25 kilometres from the city to the coast. Interesting sites are Damen Ship repair docks on the Eemhaven, the huge and fully automated ECT container terminal and the most recent land reclamation, the second Maasvlakte. Also the Maeslandkering stormbarrier is the pinnacle of Dutch engineering.

Edited: 12:17 pm, January 14, 2014
3. Re: Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

Beautiful, thank you so much guys!!

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

@ Dazz

25 Kilometers? Make that 45, the port is bigger then you think, with 25km you're only halfway.

The port is hard to reach by public transport so if you can rent a car that's the way to go. If you do so a must visit is Futureland, a visitor center of Maasvlakte 2, a new part of the port under construction in the North Sea. More info: https://www.maasvlakte2.com/en/index/

Rotterdam, The...
5. Re: Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

If you want to see the big ships come in you can also take Hoek van Holland or even the newest part of the Netherland -> Maasvlakte 2. The closer to the sea you get, the larger everything becomes.

6. Re: Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

Guys! Thank you so much, leaving Hamburg right now, be in Rotterdam tonight! :)

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 7
7. Re: Filming the Rotterdam harbour.

Great! Unfortunately we now deal with not the nicest of weathers. I hope it wil be better tomorrow. Could you share Some of your pictures here?

Enjoy your stay!

Edited: 12:37 pm, January 15, 2014
Reply to: Filming the Rotterdam harbour.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted