We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January in rotterdam

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 17
January in rotterdam

My husband and I have 2 days before our cruise in January and are considering options for exploring. Perhaps a night in Amsterdam and a night in Paris . Maybe just a day train trip! We are adventurous and love to explore. Any ideas for impulsive fun things to do?

11 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 1
1. Re: January in rotterdam

One night in Paris - if you are not talking about the movie ;) - is not a good idea when coming from Rotterdam.

Just do two nights in Amsterdam or in Bruges, those are the best places to go and not too far from Rotterdam.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 57
2. Re: January in rotterdam

tripadvisor.com/…0

reviews: 17
3. Re: January in rotterdam

Thank you! I think that's what we have decided! Will let you know how it goes!

Rotterdam, The...
4. Re: January in rotterdam

The Rotterdam cruiseport is very close to the centre. Walk over the Erasmusbridge to the city centre.

Lot's of culture and historie in the city.

Edited: 2:04 am, January 13, 2014
New York City, New...
5. Re: January in rotterdam

If you have only 2 days to spend I wouldn't travel all the way to Paris. I would stay 2 days in Amsterdam, which is about a one hour trip from the Rotterdam Cruise terminal. 2 days in Amsterdam isn't even enough to get to know the city, but at least you'll spend your time better than traveling from Paris to Amsterdam to Rotterdam within 2 days.

Edited: 7:00 am, January 14, 2014
Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 96
6. Re: January in rotterdam

Just stay in Rotterdam. There is more than enough you can do in the city itself as well as in its surroundings. Have dinner in the lively Witte de With Street and enjoy the modern architecture. Take a walk along the riverside and enjoy the modern skyline. There are also plenty of museums worth a visit as well as some other attractions (Erasmus Bridge, Euromast, De Rotterdam Steam Ship etc.) and nice harbours with cafés to visit (Oude Haven, Veerhaven, Entrepothaven etc.). You can also experience the harbour via a Spido Tour or take a ferry to the famous historic windmills of Kinderdijk.

Rotterdam, The...
7. Re: January in rotterdam

I'd stay in Hotel New York or the new Nhow hotel near the Cruise Terminal and go for one of the better restaurants the town has to offer. FG restaurant or maybe for American beef lovers 'CEO baas van het vlees' at Katendrecht is more your thing. There is plenty to do in Rotterdam, Paris and Amsterdam. Two days is a little short to do all three ;)

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 57
8. Re: January in rotterdam

Where do all these Rotterdammers (and questions about Rotterdam) suddenly come from??

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 96
9. Re: January in rotterdam

Maybe because Rotterdam is trending this year due to the "Rough Guides" and the "New York Times" mentioning the city as an interesting spot to visit in 2014:

http://www.roughguides.com/best-places/2014/

nytimes.com/interactive/…

Rotterdam has become much more interesting for tourists over the last years due to the massive transformation the city has witnessed. A lot of good new restaurants opened, new hotels have recently opened and a lot of building projects have been completed or are about to be completed this year which make the city much more attractive. Also the public space inside Rotterdam has improved a lot in recent years due to renovation projects and projects to turn the riverfront in a more park like environment.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
10. Re: January in rotterdam

I did like the River front very much when I visited on a sunny day last summer. But that's about it.

Reply to: January in rotterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted