We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotterdam

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Katy, Texas
Rotterdam

My husband is attending a business forum for a week in Rotterdam mid November 2013. If I accompany him I will be on my own to sight see during the day. I have traveled frequently with companions but rarely on my own. Would Rotterdam and the train to Amsterdam to see the galleries and museums be a good place to start? I love art and would hate to miss this opportunity.

Edited: 2:46 pm, September 24, 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 131
1. Re: Rotterdam

Hi Catherine,

Yes for sure an option. Rotterdam is quite an arty city with lots of museums and modern Architecture, more or less complementing Amsterdam with more old architecture and again lots of museums. See

http://en.rotterdam.info/visitors/

for what Rotterdam has to offer.

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 55
2. Re: Rotterdam

Yes, Amsterdam is only a 40 minute train ride away if you take the Fyra (for which you pay a small supplement and which goes twice an hour), or 70 minutes if you take an intercity. www.9292.nl/en is a door to door public transport planner.

As Erik said, Rotterdam also has plenty of art and good museums, in fact I like their Fotomuseum better than the photo museums in Amsterdam (Huis Marseille and FOAM).

This thread contains my tips for things to see and do in Rotterdam: tripadvisor.com/…0

If you are also there for a full week that gives you time to explore many more towns, for example cute Dordrecht (by train or boat from Rotterdam), cozy and picturesque Breda, The Hague, Kinderdijk for loads of windmills...

Have fun,

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
3. Re: Rotterdam

Is today international least imaginative title for a forum post day? First Amsterdam on the Amsterdam forum and then Rotterdam the Rotterdam forum

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 55
4. Re: Rotterdam

Ronaldo, do you prefer 'how to get from Basel to Belgium' questions in the Amsterdam forum? ;-)

5. Re: Rotterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 26, 2014