We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 140
Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

Hello there experts,

Would appreciate your input in recommending a hotel or B&B in central Rotterdam for 8 nights at end of Oct-beginning of Nov 2013. Looking for a decent property, mid range, clean, and in a safe area for a solo female traveler. Budget wise, would like to stay at or below 150 Euro per night, inclusive of wifi and breakfast if possible. Can increase it a bit if necessary. Proximity to a live central area is strongly preferred.

Will be attending meetings at BWTC; easy, inexpensive access to the venue is a must. Will not be driving.

Thank you all in advance :-)

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 59
1. Re: Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

I'd check Booking.com and read the reviews. Multiple reviews per hotel are much more useful than the odd recommendation in a forum from someone who may not have the same criteria as you (for example I don't mind climbing stairs or street noise at night, and loved 'A Small Hotel' in Witte de Withstraat because that is one of very few nice streets in Rotterdam, but you might hate that very same place).

Or try and find an apartment, for example through Airbnb.

Amsterdam, The...
2. Re: Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

P.S. 'A Small Hotel' does have wifi, tv, dvds and you can order (paid) breakfast to have it delivered. But if you stay there you must have breakfast at Bazar at least once (huge breakfast with turkish bread, sweet toppings and cheeses, egg, yoghurt and fruit, and a 'thousand hole pancake' with honey; and at Bagel Bakery as well (lovely bagels and organic bread, great vibe).

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
3. Re: Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

Thank you Cecile74. I am actually looking at whatever I can find online and reading travelers reviews- but definitely consider insiders' input worthy of further researching. Will certainly try Bazar and Bagel Bakery as you recommended, I'm a big fan already just reading your description, thanks :-)

Amsterdam, The...
4. Re: Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

Bazar als appears to be a hotel. Haven't stayed there myself but it's in that same nice street full of restaurants, a wine bar, some funky shops. The fact that it's a lively, buzzing street does make for noise at night though so check the reviews for what people say about that. Some rooms of A Small Hotel and Bazar may be at the back.

For evening meals I can recommend Opa, organic and European: www.iens.nl/restaurant/2211/rotterdam-opa, and Toko94, carribbean and Asian: www.iens.nl/restaurant/20286/rotterdam-toko94 , and Bazar for mediterranean and middle-eastern dinner.

More tips about fun things to do and see in Rotterdam in this thread. tripadvisor.com/…0

Edited: 3:52 am, August 28, 2013
bridgnorth
5. Re: Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

The street /area Cecile describes is certainly safe and lively. On your budget you could stay anywhere in central Rotterdam. If you fancied somewhere quieter and more upmarket, have a look at the Manhattan (5 stars) just across the road from the Central Railway Station , two stops on the metro(10 minutes walk?) from Beurs. Plenty of cafe bars within five minutes.

The Travel Republic site has some reasonable rates.

Edited: 8:13 pm, August 28, 2013
DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
6. Re: Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

Thank you all!

7. Re: Hotel/B&B with easy access to Beur World Trade Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, September 08, 2014