We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Europort to Rotterdam?

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, England...
Travel from Europort to Rotterdam?

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are relocating to Rotterdam on the P&O Ferry. We are arriving at the Europort on the 30th of July and will have 2 large suitcases and 2 bicycles. The P&O Shuttle bus can't accommodate the bikes so we are looking for an alternative way to get into central Rotterdam. From what I can see there is not much of a public transport system out there (apart from the P&O bus) and I have been quoted 100 euros for a taxi (which seems expensive for the distance).

I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestion of how to get to Rotterdam or any recommended taxi companies and if 100 euro's about about right for the journey.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

Alex

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
1. Re: Travel from Europort to Rotterdam?

Hi Alex,

It's middle of nowhere yes. Only way to lower the cost is asking cost for the taxi not to Rotterdam town but to either Spijkenisse or Rozenburg. From Spijkenisse you can take metro into city centre (bikes allowed with a small surcharge) and from Rozenburg first the ferry (cheap, a few euros only including the bikes) and then train into Rotterdam; train however asks 6 euro surcharge per bike hence maybe not worth the cost.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Travel from Europort to Rotterdam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 24, 2014