We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong...
reviews: 234
Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

We're staying at the De Roode Leeuw Amsterdam hotel and need to get to the cruise ship terminal at Rotterdam. Holland America offer transfers for $116 per couple one way, leaving from the Renaissance hotel which is close by. Is there a more cost effective way of getting there, perhaps by train or other private transfer company? Thanks for any information in advance!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 139
1. Re: Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

Hi there,

Lots cheaper yes by public transport. Walk to Central Station (max. 10 mins, just follow Damrak). Train to Rotterdam Centraal, either the slower IC or the faster and slightly more expensive Fyra. From there

a] Either cab, around 10 euro

b] Tram or metro to Wilhelminaplein stop/station, and from there 5-10 mins walk

See www.ns.nl for times and prices of train.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Wollongong...
2. Re: Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

Thanks very much

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
3. Re: Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

Actually €90 (please try to post in local currency, I presume also you meant AUD?) for two is not that bad. The train and taxi combo that Erik mentioned will be €14 each (plus €2,50 supplement if you use the fast Fyra train) will take you close to €50 anyway. It depends on how much you value the convenience of being picked up and dropped off in one go.

London, United...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

I would recommend taking the transfer...just because it is a bit of a trek, especially with luggage, from Amsterdam to Rotterdam and then from Centraal to the terminal. So for the assurance of getting there with no hassle, I'd do the shuttle service and be nice and rested. And like RonaldoC said...it's close to 50 euros anyway. So it depends on how much money you have to "burn."

However, if you decide to take the train to Centraal, I'd just continue using the metro service. It's frequent and it is very easy to get to Wilhelminaplein (the stops are announced in the metro, the actual map is one of the easier ones in Europe as well and there's always people to ask).

Wollongong...
5. Re: Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

Thanks Anne for you information

Sugar Land Texas USA
reviews: 1
6. Re: Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

I have similar concerns for summer 2014: although I have some experience with train travel into/out of Amsterdam, I still need some reassurance as web sites seem quite complicated?

A couple of years ago we used Thalys to travel Paris to Amsterdam -- it was wonderful and our purchase was at a discount (i.e., price increased as the time to the ticket's use became shorter).

Because we can't leave the US for Europe until mid-June, we are planning a vacation to the north (fly to Switzerland from Germany [land either at Geneva, Zurich, or Basel with 3-6 dats], river cruise (7 days) Basel to Amsterdam, transfer to Rotterdam (same day), 7 day cruise of Norway (fjords, towns, Oslo), 2-3 days in Bruges, fly home via Schipool.

Would greatly appreciate some guidance as to the frequency each day (and price) of trains between (1) Amsterdam Centraal/Rotterdam Centraal; (2) Rotterdam Centraal/Bruges, and (2) Bruges/Schipool. Time allowing, we would be just as happy with a slow train than a fast train. Also, our anticipated flight out of Schipool leaves very early (0715 to Frankfort transfer), so plan to spend that evening at an airport hotel -- any advice? Much thanks for all relevant information (trains, Bruges, etc.)

7. Re: Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, August 15, 2013
8. Re: Amsterdam to Rotterdam cruise ship terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2014