We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport costs

Which Utrecht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taganrog, Russia
reviews: 1
transport costs

Every day we are going to travel on the following routes: (2 persons)

Utrecht Centraal – Amsterdam Amstel – (bus to Muiden) – Amsterdam Amstel - Utrecht Centraal;

Utrecht Centraal – Alkmaar – Haarlem – Zandvoort – Utrecht Centraal;

Utrecht Centraal – Amersfoort – Alkmaar - Utrecht Centraal;

Utrecht Centraal – Steenwijk – (bus to Giethoorn) – Steenwijk - Utrecht Centraal;

Utrecht Centraal – Hoorn – (Stoomtram to Medemblik and to Zuiderzeemuseum ) Enkhuizen - Utrecht Centraal;

Utrecht Centraal –Vieuten – (bus to De Haar) – Vieuten - Utrecht Centraal;

Utrecht Centraal – Amsterdam - Utrecht Centraal.

Is it possible to minimize transportation costs for the train if we use any special tickets?

Edited: 6:23 am, June 09, 2012
Taganrog, Russia
1. Re: transport costs

Where can I get this ticket is Utrecht?

blokker.nl/webapp/…

Taganrog, Russia
2. Re: transport costs

Sorry ...

blokker.nl/webapp/…

Is this good solution?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
3. Re: transport costs

I don't really understand your post. Surely you do not mean that you are going to do all this travel in one day every day?

Do you mean you will travel on consecutive days?

Also when will you be here? The NS dagkaart is only on sale until the 16th June for travel until the 12th August. You have to buy it in store or also online but you will need a dutch address and bank account to get them or have someone buy them for you. They are not for bus travel either.

Taganrog, Russia
4. Re: transport costs

of course, there are 7 different days (13-20 June)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
5. Re: transport costs

See the normal fares on www.ns.nl. You'd have to see on which days a return ride is more than 16 euro, then the Blokker card makes sense. Go and buy them in the shop, be prepared to need to visit a few different Blokker shops as it's only-until-stock-lasts. Those cards (unlike the online ones) don't need an address and bank account. Also do note that on weekdays the Blokker cards are only valid after 9 AM.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
6. Re: transport costs

Also see hemi-wiki's post as he ahs a day ticket for sale that he can't use anymore from a previous promo. I bought them for him so the tickets are legitimate.

Utrecht to Alkmaar for example is € 25,20 round trip that's without factoring in the other places you want to visit that day. However Utrecht to Amsterdam is only €6,80 one way so not worth using one of those Blokker tickets for that day.

I would also get an OV card and load it with say €10 to start with for your bus travel as paying the driver costs around 70% more than with the OV card. you can also use it for trams in Amsterdam as well as throughout the country.

melbourne
reviews: 76
7. Re: transport costs

Can someone please help me in comparing transport costs in Utrecht.

2 of us have to go from Central station to Noordoost, about 4.8 km or so. The bus is supposed to be E12,50 per person. Yet someone said the max taxi fare within city limits is E12,50. If this is true, then it surely is better to catch a cab. Am I misunderstanding something? Thanks.

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
8. Re: transport costs

Bus tickets valid within the city costs 2,50 at the driver [1], not 12,50.

Taxi's within the city cost maximally 12,50, however only when booked 6 hours in advance [2], or when you possess a loyality card [3].

[1] connexxion.nl/reizen-met-connexxion/…2109

[2] taxisu.nl/stadsrit-utrecht-vaste-tarief-e125…

[3] http://www.utc.nl/tarieven.html

9. Re: transport costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Utrecht