We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Amsterdam to Zandvoort

Which Zandvoort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newton...
Driving from Amsterdam to Zandvoort

I am thinking of driving from Amsterdam to Zandvoort in early June. I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the weather usually like in early June?

2. What is the traffic like (assuming it's on a weekend and the weather is nice)? Hw long would it take to get Amsterdam to Zandvoort with traffic?

3. Is there free parking at the beach? If not, what are the parking options?

3 replies to this topic
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
reviews: 8
1. Re: Driving from Amsterdam to Zandvoort

1. somewhere around the 15 - 20 degrees C.

2. nice (beach)weather = long lines of traffic to the beaches - normally 30-45 min from amsterdam with lots of people heading to the beach longer. Train is often a better option from Amsterdam if the weather is nice.

3. No free parking - park at parkings along the beach - take coins with you - expect to pay something between 8 - 15 euro for a day.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 67
2. Re: Driving from Amsterdam to Zandvoort

There's only one way in to Zandfoort and one way out (well ok you can take the road from Bloomendaal. Honestly it might not look like long way from Haarlem but trust me from personal experience it can take 2 hours to do that stretch of road in the summer. Take the train is my advice.

Actually quite often they will actually close the road and make people walk the last few km's it's so busy and the sunnier it is the worse it gets. You might be ok midweek during the day as it's before the schools go on holiday but leave before people finish work. Or buy a canoe.

Newton...
3. Re: Driving from Amsterdam to Zandvoort

Thanks for the replies, sounds like public transportation is the way to go...

Reply to: Driving from Amsterdam to Zandvoort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted