We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Den Helder Ferry

Which Zandvoort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Train to Den Helder Ferry

Hi. We will be staying in Zandvoort for 6 days in June. Can we take a train directly from Zandvoort to the Den Helder ferry? I've gone to DH Bahn but am confused with their Den Helder destinations.

Thanks for your help.

3 replies to this topic
Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
1. Re: Train to Den Helder Ferry

I suppose you want to visit the island of Texel? The only ferries from Den Helder go to there.

It is about 2km from Den Helder train station to Den Helder ferry harbour. There is a shuttle bus, with times adapted to the departure/arrival times of the ferry.

Also, coming from Zandvoort, you must change trains in Amsterdam. The Amsterdam Sloterdijk station is probably most convenient.

But why combining Texel and Zandvoort? You must like beaches a lot? It seems a bit strange combination, but you might have your reasons. A more logical option seems to me either Amsterdam and Texel, or dropping Zandvoort . If you like nature and calm places, Texel is much nicer than Zandvoort. If you prefer crowded places, clubbing or culture, Amsterdam has much more to offer than Zandvoort.

Ottawa, Canada
2. Re: Train to Den Helder Ferry

Thanks for the information.

We arrive in Brussels, stay for 2 days. Then to Zandvoort for 6. Off to Stuttgart for 4, to Interlaken for 6, to Paris for 4 and the home to Canada. So as you can see Zandvoort is the only beach area we will actually stay in. Texel is one of our side trips and yes, do love beaches.

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
3. Re: Train to Den Helder Ferry

Alright then :)

Reply to: Train to Den Helder Ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted