We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ijmuiden to Haarlem

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales
reviews: 32
Ijmuiden to Haarlem

We will be docking at Ijmuiden 10-30am on Sunday 2/6/13. Ship departing at at 18-00. We are thinking of going to Haarlem for a few hours. How to get to Haarlem from Ijmuiden? Also what best attractions to visit? Motherhen.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

Bus 75 goes from the Havenkade (I assume this is near the boat) in IJmuiden to Haarlem central station.

I don't know Haarlem too well but it's nice to just stroll around the centre. I had a great time at cafe "Het Kantoor" the other day, very friendly waiters and a nice street to just sit and watch people.

There are various museums, I like Dolhuys which is about the history of psychiatry. http://www.hetdolhuys.nl/english-info

More info about what to see and do in Haarlem here: http://www.haarlemmarketing.co.uk/

Have fun!

Edited: 10:27 am, April 24, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 54
2. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

P.S. Info about the bus... 9292.nl/en/…

Find out the street address for your boat and change the search action.

reviews: 13
3. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

Hello..I am wanting to do this in August...did you

get there ok and how was it? Thank you

South Wales
4. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

Hello, If you are getting of boat just up some steps and across the road you will find the bus No 75, It takes about 30 mins ride to Haarlem. We just walked around and sat in a big square I think it was Grote Market. Had some lovely pancakes and strawberries there . Hope this is of some help. Christine

5. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

Thats great thank you. We are MSC Opera cruise....which were you on? Xx

NL
reviews: 7
6. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

According the 9292 ov website it is about 8 minutes walk to the next busstop in IJmuiden.

Be aware there is a cruise terminal at IJmondhaven and another terminal used by the ferry to GB.

South Wales
7. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

Hi we were on the Opera also.. We enjoyed our cruise very much, lovely food and we were very lucky with the weather. We also stopped in Flaam, Stavanger and Oslo, anything you want to know, just ask, if I can answer I will. Christine

8. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

Hi Christine thats great thank you. Sounds easy to get the 75 bus. Were they running regulary? Pleased you liked the Opera. First time on msc for us after p&o and princess. Reviews are so mixed so going with an open mind! Love Italy so thought the food and drink should be good!

We on the western med cruise to Lisbon so unfortunately no more stops in common but any top tips about the ship would be appreciated.

Thanks Louise

9. Re: Ijmuiden to Haarlem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 12, 2014