We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viewing Flower Parade

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 68
Viewing Flower Parade

I plan to be in Haarlem April 20 for the Flower Parade. This will be my first time visiting Haarlem. Can someone suggest some good spots for viewing along the parade route as it arrives in Haarlem? Spots where perhaps the crowds are lighter. Also, how much prior to the parade arrival do people start to queue along the route for a good view? Thank you.

Groningen, The...
reviews: 297
1. Re: Viewing Flower Parade

Hi,

The floats are pretty big, so I would not worry too much about getting a good view. I have always gone to see them as they pass through Houtplein, to the south of the town. They normally have a small grandstand set up at that point for town offcials, but it is still a good place to stand. I normally arrive about an hour beforehand, which should get a reasonable position.

Regards

Rees

Haarlem, The...
reviews: 21
2. Re: Viewing Flower Parade

You can also go on the Sunday when all the floats are parked on the Grote Markt.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
reviews: 8
3. Re: Viewing Flower Parade

Just find a nice spot 1 - 1,5 hour before the parade start. Bring a blanket so you can sit on the ground(and not have to stand all the time),bring some drinks and snacks and have a great time together with the other people waiting for the parade. Crowds won't be light in the city of Haarlem. It is a annual event that draws a lot of locals and tourists.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 68
4. Re: Viewing Flower Parade

Thank you for all the great advice.

5. Re: Viewing Flower Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Haarlem