We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around help needed please

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 33
Getting around help needed please

Hi

I'm staying in Haarlem 29th March - 1st April and am looking for some advice please.

We arrive around 6pm at Schipol and I've been advised to get a train to central then on to Haarlem but having read the forums I see that a bus could also be an option which would be best/cheapest?

I plan on visiting amsterdam and was wondering what trains/buses are like in the evening e.g. Last bus and if Mon will be hard getting to airport for our flight at 7am?

Finally when in Haarlem is there anything we shouldn't miss and can you recommend places to eat and drink in the evenings?

Thanks in advance!

Steph

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
1. Re: Getting around help needed please

Take the bus to Haarlem from the airport. Whoever told you to go to Centraal station to get a train is deluded

www.9292ov.nl/en is the official NL journey planer. You can in fact take the train but to Sloterdijk not Centraal and change there. Overall slightly quicker than the 300 bus but of course means a change.

The 300 bus runs regularly from around 0445 and the N30 nightbus before that.

Of course you don't mention where you are staying but you can work out from the journey planner how to get to the bus station/stop.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
reviews: 9
2. Re: Getting around help needed please

And trip advisor has a nice things to do guide as well see tripadvisor.com/QuickGuide-g188593-Haarlem_N…

For restaurants in Haarlem see tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g188593-Haarlem_…

Edinburgh, United...
3. Re: Getting around help needed please

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

We're stayin at Carlton Square and reviews suggest it takes aroun 15mins to walk fi train station, I take it there will be bus stops nearby tho?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 133
4. Re: Getting around help needed please

Yes, Houtplein and Tempeliersstraat are bus stops serving quite a few lines nearby. But you could have sorted that out in detail with the 9292 site mentioned above ;-)

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Getting around help needed please

Thanks

Irvine, CA
reviews: 23
6. Re: Getting around help needed please

How do I get around once I am in Haarlem? I plan on taking the train from Amsterdam to Haarlem for the day but was wondering if it is affordable to get to and fro with taxi or is it easy to take a bus.

thank you

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
7. Re: Getting around help needed please

from amsterdam, take the train.

Irvine, CA
reviews: 23
8. Re: Getting around help needed please

I meant once I am in Haarlem

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
9. Re: Getting around help needed please

Haarlem isn't too big. You can walk the entire historic center easily enough.

10. Re: Getting around help needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 22, 2014